“SMALL JEWEL IN RAMBLA DE POBLENOU”
Review of El 58

El 58
Ranked #135 of 9,768 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Poblenou
barcelona
“SMALL JEWEL IN RAMBLA DE POBLENOU”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went there for lunch but didn´t pick their lunch menu (very well priced, though) We decided to go all out and picked several of their plates in their menu. The eggplant with honey was to die for! as well as the chicken strips (the wasabi mayo could have had a bit more wasabi, but it was ok) The croquetas were crispy on the outside and full of flavor inside... and we had a few more plates, but can´t seem to remember now. The desserts were also wonderfully well presented and tasted gooooodddd! From the outside it looks a bit like all other restaurants in the Rambla, but as you go in you see that there is something different in this place, unlike all the other restaurants along the Ramblas. A must try if you are in Poblenou, Barcelona

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank kcpmartinez

• Korean first
Faversham, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We turned up as a slightly disorganised party of 8ish which I think became about 14 in the end with various extras. We were given a great big table and plenty of seats and were very well looked after. Plate after plate of gorgeous food turned up and I can honestly say that it was the best food I had on Barcelona. Highly recommended.

4 Thank mikeywil
Hong Kong, China
“3 days in a row - this means something”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

During my stay in Poblenou neighbourhood, I just could not stop eating at El58. It looks cool from outside and it IS indeed a stylish place.
First day I started off with amazing chocolate dessert, coffee and a special drink. Staffs were friendly and I felt very comfortable sitting at the counter table alone.
Second day was Friday and so the restaurant was full! But one of staffs remembered me and gave me a nice corner table immediately. I had so many tapas for just myself and tasted deep and something different from other restaurants in Spain - something quite unique.
Third day I just had to go back to this place before I leave. They use fresh local ingredients and add some twists - that makes this place very special.
If you appreciate real good food, this is the place to go!
Staffs at El58 are very friendly, kind and VERY PROFESSIONAL! I would love to go back and visit El58 again. Thanks El58!

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank marinka_ilmondo
Stuttgart, Germany
“Really really good food for less money”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've been there twice with some friends during our stay in Barcelona! The food was fantastic. They offered some typical spanish tapas as well as some, which are typical for the region! The mussels were made so tasty with a delicate sauce, that was by far my favourite dish.

And had like 16 different tapas and all satisfied and happy. In total we've spent for those 16 tapas including drinks around 50-60€.

They have a small backyard, which isn't beautiful, but anyways you'll be so focused on the good food, that you forget about that. And they even had a tiny corner for kids outside.

There's a waiter who can speak English and Spanish. He was really helpful in recommending and explaining what's on the menu, which is written on one chalk board.

I can really recommend that place, it's near the beach and it was so good, that we went there again during our 5-day trip.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank VaniDng
Destin, Florida
“Super Food!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Jerome was extremely friendly and patient in explaining the spanish food tapas to us. He made us recommendations that were based on local flavours and the food was really amazing. Tasty to say the least and the atmosphere just simply comfortable. Please do give this guy a chance to wow you with those mussels steamed with martini and white wine. They aint gonna disappoint ;)

Visited September 2013