“THE ONLY PLACE TO FIND AN AMERICAN STYLE SANDWICH LOADED WITH MEAT AND GOODIES IN BARCELONA!”

Bread and Circuses Barcelona
Ranked #5,587 of 9,689 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Montjuic
Description: American style sandwiches, Catalan ingredients, delicious and creative.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Bread & Circuses is a godsend every time I crave a hearty sandwich! They use quality ingredients and have a great selection of beverages (try the Glops or if you are feeling fruity, one of the delicious fruit juices!). The local is very charming and the service is amazing. A friendly restaurant staff in Barcelona in a place that doesn't cost an arm and a leg can be really refreshing for a change! My two favorite things on the menu are the roast beef sandwich and the Reuben, but don't ask me to choose - it's like choosing between my children! If you are having chips for pica pica or to accompany your sandwich, ask to DRIBBLE some Wicked White Truffle Oil on them - you won't regret it! Lastly, their cocktails are excellent - try the mango mojito or the gin & tonic flavored with fresh mint and Dribble Dots Perky Pistachio Oil! Thanks, B&C for all the good times, see you soon!

• Visited November 2013

Dublin
“A taste sensation!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Fantastic creations in a cafe with a difference in Poble Sec. Amercian-inspired sandwiches and impressive craft beers. Enjoyed the incredible Reuben and a Siren Craft Beer on a relaxed Saturday afternoon in Barca. Poble Sec is a great choice if you want to be central but away from the crowds of tourists. Fresh organic produce and superb service. Highly recommend!

“Por Fin!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Finally, a proper sandwich in Barcelona, and not just a good sandwich, this is craft, amazing ingredients, my personal favorite, when its on the menu, is the pulled pork,just awesome....highly recommend this place, great & friendly service....thumbs up guys!!

Barcelona, Spain
“Great reubens in Barcelona”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had a beautiful reubens here, really the best one I have found in BCN. Great place, too, with a relaxing atmosphere and some cool art. Service was great, too.

Barcelona, Spain
“Highest quality sandwich I ever had”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

So, I never write reviews but I do however read them because it is important to end up in a good place. This place was recommended to me by a friend and after my meal, I was so happy and still excited; almost a mix of feelings between the kid on a christmas morning and when you buy your first car.
The ingredients were of top quality and the sandwich looked so good that I gave the second half a 20 minute love stare. You know, one of those drunken first love stares you give to a beautiful girl in a bar and freak her out across the room. Once I ate the sandwich, I did not want to leave the place. I felt satisfied because I can easily say that I could have not made a better sandwich (and I love my sandwiches).
Do not get fooled by the fact that this is referred to as a sandwich restaurant, they actually raise the bar so high, I am not sure I will ever be happy with ordinary sandwiches again. At home, I try and replicate their menu, but I have to admit that I did not come close.
Can't wait for my next sandwich.

• Visited August 2013