“Don't waste your money”
Review of Gourmetbus

Gourmetbus
Ranked #122 of 185 Food & Drink in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Stylish Gourmet Bus is not just a New tour, but an innovative service that combines a panoramic sightseeing tour showcasing the most famous views of Barcelona one of the world’s most elegant cities with the enjoyment of an haute-cuisine dinner or lunch. All this on board a luxury coach that is unique in design and beauty, with the aesthetics of a restaurant and equipped with the very latest audiovisual technology. All of this makes it not only unique in design but unique in the world. The tasting service on board will take place at a charming picturesque location in the city and is presented by prestigious restaurateur Carles Gaig, winner of a Michelin star for the quality of his cuisine. The Gourmet Bus combines comfort and design. Its Double Decker height and glass roof allows breathtaking panoramic views over the city. It has been designed with the aesthetics of a restaurant, featuring a spacious dining area in with spacious and comfortable seating, the menu is presented form a specially designed glass fronted preparation kitchen. For the extra comfort of our diners there are separate toilets for men and women. The Gourmet Bus also allows you to enjoy the use of the latest technological innovations in the tourist sector. Every customer has their own individual iPad, with which they can check out and listen to information on the tour in the language of their choice: there are 11 different languages available. This luxury coach also has external cameras connected directly to each ipad, offering images of the route in both directions. During the tour, you will be taken care of by multilingual attendants and restaurant professionals. The panoramic tour includes Barcelona’s leading points of interest such as the, Casa Batlló, la Pedrera, Sagrada Familia, Torre Agbar, Arc de Triomf, Port Olimpic, Plaça d’Espanya & Montjuic Mountain.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I took my mom on a gourmet bus tour in Barcelona, it was one of the worst tours I have been on thus far. Here's why:

1. The food tray covers half of the iPad on the smaller tables, so why have an iPad if you can't even use it?

2. The driver was horrible as it seemed like he was slamming on the breaks on purpose, my tray almost went flying a few times. The driver at one point blocked traffic in the middle of a busy intersection for about a good 3 minutes, everyone was honking at us - so embarrassing.

3. The guides come up to you and explain how to use the iPads at the beginning of the tour, the problem is that they are talking right over your food for 5 minutes, not very hygienic by Western standards. That being said, I have no complaints on the guides themselves as they were pleasant and friendly.

4. The tapas itself, in my opinion, was soggy and nasty. There was a puddle of grease under one of the appetizers, I ate 3/6 and couldn't stomach the rest. Yes, I understand the food is provided by a top chef but I question as to when it was provided? I have had better tapas at local restaurants in Barcelona.

5. The stop at poble espanyol was boring and uneventful. The guides dump you in the centre with a map and coupons, just another pit stop to help tourists spend their money on mass produced souvenirs. The itenerary should include a stop at montjuic for pictures.

Overall I found nothing gourmet or high class about this tour. I regret wasting my money and more importantly my time on this experience.

5  Thank Sam G

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were there last week in a business trip with 14 foreigners and me, the only local. The idea is great, the bus nice, staff very kind and food acceptable if you ever tried the real Gaig cooking.
The worst part was the Tour, a night tourist tour became a single route through Barcelona at night, half of the tablets were not working so we hadn't no idea of what was the tour about, two hours traveling to finally stop and have dinner about 22:30 (I know is the spanish time for dinner, but visitors are not used to this timing).
I hope Julià will improve this service, well done is a fantastic way to visit the City.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Really disappointed. The food was average- I had expected better for the money and some input about the food would have been nice. Not the dining experience I had wanted as it was a special treat. The drinks were limited in choice and content. The tour was ok but relied too much on technology with no personal touch. Not to be repeated.

1  Thank Julie B
JTcustomerService, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gourmetbus, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

We thank you for your time taken in posting your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent trip with us.
I'm disappointed to know you thought of the dinner as merely average, as it is provided by one of the city's leading restaurateurs, Carles Gaig (winner of a Michelin star).
Regarding the drinks there is no limit of refill the glass, so I do not understand your criticism on this matter.
We are very proud of the bus being so technological as there are no other buses like this one!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband, sister and her fiancé spent a mist enjoyable evening on the Gourmet Bus. We had a lovely tour of Barcelona including all the sites and interests. We dined on Mount Jilo which made our experience even more breathtaking. Check out the pictures and book yourself a wonderful and enlightening evening. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Julia W

Thank you for taking time to send a review to Tripadvisor regarding your experience with Julia Travel.
I am happy to read that we succeeded in meeting or exceeding your expectations and to know that you have given us an opportunity to demonstrate our commitment.

Best regards

Reviewed August 21, 2013

A great experience! I wonder why this concept isn't taken up in other cities as well. Wonderful and luxurious bus, clean and nice and with a lovely, friendly personell. The food is absolutely great and the drinks are good as well, serving cava, catalanian red wine, beer and soft drinks. You can read about the places you see on the ipad in your table, and with your headphones that you get upon entering the bus, you can hear the information as well. Good explanations from the staff for those who are non-ipad-Users. The bus stopped at the Mont Juic and here the dinner was served. Great surroundings. Good A/C. One thing to be said: this is a different and wonderful way to combine a great meal and a good sightseeing of Barcelona. I guess it would impress anyone!

1  Thank Ragnhild
JTcustomerService, Guest Relations Manager at Gourmetbus, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback following your experience with us.

We'd love to see you again soon.

Best regards,