I took my mom on a gourmet bus tour in Barcelona, it was one of the worst tours I have been on thus far. Here's why:
1. The food tray covers half of the iPad on the smaller tables, so why have an iPad if you can't even use it?
2. The driver was horrible as it seemed like he was slamming on the breaks on purpose, my tray almost went flying a few times. The driver at one point blocked traffic in the middle of a busy intersection for about a good 3 minutes, everyone was honking at us - so embarrassing.
3. The guides come up to you and explain how to use the iPads at the beginning of the tour, the problem is that they are talking right over your food for 5 minutes, not very hygienic by Western standards. That being said, I have no complaints on the guides themselves as they were pleasant and friendly.
4. The tapas itself, in my opinion, was soggy and nasty. There was a puddle of grease under one of the appetizers, I ate 3/6 and couldn't stomach the rest. Yes, I understand the food is provided by a top chef but I question as to when it was provided? I have had better tapas at local restaurants in Barcelona.
5. The stop at poble espanyol was boring and uneventful. The guides dump you in the centre with a map and coupons, just another pit stop to help tourists spend their money on mass produced souvenirs. The itenerary should include a stop at montjuic for pictures.
Overall I found nothing gourmet or high class about this tour. I regret wasting my money and more importantly my time on this experience.