“This hotel made of stay in Barcelona! Perfect in all ways.”

H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel
Ranked #33 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
“This hotel made of stay in Barcelona! Perfect in all ways.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Absolutely perfect! Firstly, the staff are very friendly & professional and really made a difference to our stay. Their attention to detail is second to none, they took care of our every need before we even needed to ask! The hotel itself is superb and well worth the money we paid. Even thought we were here to explore Barcelona, our stay in this hotel made our trip extra special & when we return we will stay here again without a doubt! In a nutshell, fantastic staff, beautiful hotel & excellent location. Highly recommend, well done to all the staff for making our stay very memorable!

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Celebration, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a newly renovated hotel and they did a great job. The reception area along with the bar and patio are very attractive. The breakfast are is large and the buffet is one of the best I have had in Europe.
My room was small but very nice. The bath and in particular the shower were special.
If you stay there have a gin and tonic at the bar. The biggest I have ever had.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank H1022
San Francisco, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I really wanted to like this hotel, given it's nice location, and the fact that it's new. However, I simply encountered too many negatives to give this hotel a good review.

I booked this hotel because I enjoy modern and functional design, and it's excellent location. Unfortunately, I don't like it when hotels skimp on fit and finishes, and use inexpensive materials (things that you can't tell from looking at a webpage).

For example, Pergo floors, man made tiles & fiberglass shower trays, cheap closet veneers that smell of plastic, really thin towels, generic soaps, and shampoos…the exclusion of slippers for guests, abrasive bed linens, and just an awkward, Ikea like interior design - Very disappointing!

In addition, and with one exception (i forget the young ladies name), I found the staff less than perfect, and a bit rough around the edges, especially in their personal appearance (a little sloppy). And, the final nail in the coffin for me was when I was asked for a $5 deposit for an electric converter. Talk about bad guests relations. Be discreet and simply add a note to the room, and be done with it.

I you are the type of person that when booking a hotel just needs a bed in a good location, then I'd say this hotel will do just fine. If you're looking for a special, chic, tasteful, and relaxing environment, apres site seeing in Barcelona, this hotel will disappoint.

Room Tip: If you book this hotel, make sure it's an interior room because Plaza Urquinaona by day is very...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lovspain
Comercial_HUP, Director Comercial at H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear lovspain,

Thank you for the time used in writing your comments. I am deeply sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as expected and we would like to apologize for all the inconveniences you had during your stay.

I assure you that we have noted down all the points you have mentioned. And we have done everything possible to solve all the issues you have raised.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at our hotel soon.

Thank you again for your collaboration.

Kind regards,

Meri Ferrando
Sales Manager
Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Super central. Nice decoration and ambient. The breakfast is amazing with loads of options and always changing! Rooms are super comfy and staff is always friendly. You won't be disappointed. Worth every penny. Would defo come back!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wanderlustJu
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel prior to our transatlantic cruise. We arrived early in the morning and was able to store our luggage before getting some breakfast and sightseeing. We went back to the hotel to see if we might be able to check in early but our room was not ready, We were able to relax in the business center until the room was ready. We were upgraded to a suite with a balcony which was wonderful. The girls at the front desk suggested that we purchase tickets to Basílica de la Sagrada Família. We are so glad that they made that recommendation as we would have had to wait in line for a couple of hours.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SRM2501
Carolina, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed at this cute boutique hotel for 2 nights after our European cruise. We arrived very early in the morning of our reservation but the front desk staff (2 ladies with the same name that unfortunately I cannot remember) were very helpful and we were able to leave our luggage and leave to tour the area. This helpful staff made efforts to have our room ready quickly. It was a nice surprise that we were upgraded to a street view room, very clean and a great bed. A small detail that we are not used to is that the bathroom doors had no lock. Also, the shower had those half crystal doors and even though we tried not to wet the floor when taking a bath, it was impossible, but I think this is the European general bathroom style. The breakfast was huge but the coffee tasted "different". The location is perfect, close to everything and away from the city noise.

Room Tip: Great value. Will stay here on my next visit to BCN.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maritza M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is an old building that has been renovated to a very high standard with modern décor. As soon as I walked in the door I loved it. We were there for 3 nights from 5th Nov 2013.

The staff on the front desk are all brilliant. During our stay we spoke to a male staff member the most (I'm sorry I didn't take down his name as I would like to praise him specifically) and he was so helpful, professional, polite and friendly. First impressions gained from interactions with the front desk staff are so important and this hotel gets it right.

Our room (a superior room no. 513 - I think there are only 6 floors) was amazing. Yes, I was aware of the underground train as I was waking up in the morning, even on the 5th floor, but it didn't bother me that much and it didn't wake my partner. It's an old building in a big city where their underground trains do not run as deep as the London underground. What do people expect?

The room was spotless and housekeeping did a lovely job each day making it look like new. Yes, the shower did overflow slightly on one occasion, after not actually using it that long. Again, this did not bother me and I just used my towel to mop up when I'd finished using it. It is a really nice modern shower cubicle but maybe the drainage might get blocked. I hope this doesn't cause the hotel too many problems.
And yes, the hand washing sink is in the main room......who cares!?
I loved the room, the bed was comfy and the balcony area was great to sit and relax in too.

We also sat upstairs on the roof terrace in the sunshine for an hour or so, which was good too. Unfortunately the November weather wasn't warm enough to sunbathe and get in the little dipping pool, which must be so nice in the summer.

We didn't use the cardio machines but it was good to see that the hotel provided a couple in a little room just off the roof terrace.

As for the breakfast. Amazing. A coffee machine, teas and fruit juices. A fab choice of meats, cheeses, breads, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, fried breakfast items and sweet treats. The staff at breakfast time were great. Polite and friendly. The food was constantly being checked and topped up, even though it wasn't busy when we were there.

We didn't use their dining or bar facilities so I can't comment on that, but my partner did pop to the bar for some ice, and again to collect our complimentary cocktails, and he told me that he had to wait a while until someone came to the bar to bar to serve him. (I don't think it is a bar that has staff just hanging around at all hours of the day in case of a customer. You have to press a bell for service, so a little wait is to be expected.)

What else can I say. We would stay here again and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
We found the location to be perfect for a sightseeing city break. It is situated about 5 minutes walk from the top end of Las Ramblas (not the port end), near a large square called Placa De Catalunya where all the sightseeing buses start/stop. Barcelona is a big city and no hotel is going to be perfectly located for all the sights, but this one is close to buses and directly opposite a metro station (Urquinaona). You will have to travel at some point other than on foot. It is about a 30 minute walk away from the port area.

Tip: rather than waste 30+ euros on a cab, or waste time sitting on a bus in traffic, from the airport you simply take the Renfe (overground) train for about 3.70 euros per person for a one way 25 minute trip to Passeig De Gracia station (trains run every 1/2 hour). From there, walk down the main road of Passeig de Gracia, or find your way one street east to Carrer de Pau Claris, and head south for approx. 15-20 minutes until you get to another main road called Ronda de Sant Pere. Turn left and you will find it. Easy, cheap and hassle free.

Room Tip: Our room (no. 513) was great. It is a hotel in the middle of a busy city so I think all rooms will...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smoakley19
Comercial_HUP, Director Comercial at H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Smoakley19,

We would like to thank you for your comments and for your time used in writing them!! We really appreciate it!

Thanks a lot for your nice description!! We are so glad to know you had an excellent stay with us.

Thank you so much once again and best wishes from Barcelona!

Meri Ferrando