“Amazing classic cocktails!”

Old Fashioned - Gin Tonic & Cocktail Bar
Ranked #2 of 785 Nightlife in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of Gracia, Old Fashioned Gin tonic & Cocktail Bar is a new trendy vintage style bar, which combines a relaxed and casual atmosphere with 80's, jazz, charleston and swing music along side some mouth watering Gin&tonics and innovative cocktails .Professional bartenders will awake your senses with their own creative proposals as well as the classics with premium brand's recommendations.Enjoy an exceptional variety of Iberian cold meat platters and some of the best local and international cheese boards while sampling a selection of quality beers, wines and cavas.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was on vacation in Barcelona and staying at an apartment just steps away when I happened to notice the name of this place. My very favorite drink is an old fashioned so I had to know if they made a proper one. I had a good feeling when I walked in and noticed the place has a Prohibition era feel to it and they had a healthy bourbon selection, including my bourbon of choice. The owner, Bruno, could not have been nicer and he knows exactly how to make a hand-crafted cocktail! I was so happy as I did not expect to find a bar like this. I was not the only one to feel this way because I went back the following night and ran into several of the people I met the night before!

In addition, I told Bruno where I was going to have dinner and he suggested another place, Coure. He even made me a reservation and called me a taxi! Coure was really delicious (best steak tartare I've had) so he did not lead me astray!

LucaBarcelona_Spain, Gerente at Old Fashioned - Gin Tonic & Cocktail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Hello Daricelee,

Thanks for your review.
It's great to hear you spent a good time here and you liked our Old Fashioned Cocktail :)
We always try to do our best for our clients!!! Good to know you also enjoyed your dinner at Coure!

Big hugs!

See you soon

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Was very close to our apartment so visited as based on TripAdvisor reviews. Was practically empty 9.30 on a Sunday night but got busier around 11. Delicious cocktails and free house shot for my birthday, served in style by the barman, who later gave us recommendations for places to dance. Only problem is this part if Barcelona is super quiet on a Sunday night.

1  Thank UKtraveller887
LucaBarcelona_Spain, Gerente at Old Fashioned - Gin Tonic & Cocktail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hi UKTraveller,

Thanks for your review!
It's great to hear that you had a great time here and you liked our coktails.
Well, sometimes Barcelona on Sunday is pretty quiet, it's a pitty cause it was your birthday...

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This bar is cosy, it has lovely and friendly bar tenders who make the most exciting and different cocktails I have tried in Barcelona. In one of the nicest areas of Barcelona to go and have an evening drink it's definitely a place you must go! You will not regret it!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your review and for your kind words :)
It's great to hear you like our place and cocktails!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We visited this bar in early September whilst on a short break to Barcelona. My husband and I were staying a few doors up from this bar and discovered it by accident and what a find it was!
We had several drinks here over a couple of nights and had the signature cocktails which were amazing. When my husband asked for a single malt he was invited round the back of the bar to view the extensive collection and take his pick! This made his evening!
The atmosphere is relaxed and you could quite easily stay here all evening drinking your way through the menu as all the drinks are amazing!

Hi RaniS74,

Thanks for your review,
It's great to hear we made your husband's night!
We want our customers to be comfortable and we are really happy to know that you had a great time here.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

If you like cocktails, don't miss it! They have the best cocktails in town with the two most charismatic bartenders ( Bruno and Luca). You can see how they love their job in every drink they create for you.

Hi Mari Carmen,

Thanks for your review and for considering us "the most charismatic bartenders in town" :)
As you have said we really love that work, it's a gift for us!