“Amazing fine dining experience ”
Review of Pakta Restaurant - CLOSED

Pakta Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Poble Sec
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

Staff is very friendly and helpful. If you like authentic Japanese food, this is a fantastic experience of fine authentic Japanese dishes with Peruvian influences and ingredient. The tasting menu is absolutely worth it. The whiskey sour is awesome as well

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend booked dinner at Pakta for my birthday and I can honestly say it's probably the best dinner I've ever had. The Japanese-Peruvian fusion of food is not one I've had before, and I didn't expect it to be so good. But it is. When my boyfriend booked the reservation he specified that I'm a pescatarian (no meat, only fish) and they said this was not an issue and revised the set menu so that I recieved a couple slightly different dishes instead of the few with meat. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I wish I remembered the name of the gentleman who assisted us with our dishes because he was extremely helpful. As each dish was brought out he explained what it was, how best to eat it, and which drinks to accompany it with. Each dish was like a work of art, a wonderful cohesion of flavour and aesthetics. Some plates looked too beautiful to eat. We ordered several drinks and each one was fantastic. Seriously some of the best drinks I've ever had. One in particular smelled and tasted like a rose and had a rose petal floating on top. An incredible amount of thought goes into everything at Pakta. The set menu took us almost 3 hours which allowed for plenty of time to appreciate each unique dish. The restaurant is decorated very nicely and has a cozy atmosphere. At the end of our meal our server brought out a printed copy of the set menu so that we'd always remember our time at Pakta. And we will.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank edevm
Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic flavours! Amazing & cosy interior! Very helpfull & friendly staff!

We choose the Pakta menu, 23 different dishes, carefully picked flavours & combinations.

Just an amazing experience!

Pakta is ready for more than 1 star!!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 23, 2016

MUST, MUST, MUST, MUST GO. Best food experience hands down.

Albert Adria's newest restaurant, hiring two head chefs Jorge Munoz from Peru, and Kyoko Ii from Japan. Nikkei, which is a Japanese Peruvian fusion, gives you the best blend of dishes you can ask for. Get the Machu Picchu menu. It's worth it. 3 hour ordeal with countless dishes, but for some reason, I kept wanting more and more. I am in love with both Japanese and Peruvian cuisine, so this was absolutely the most perfect blend for me. ALL FOOD SHOULD BE MADE LIKE THIS.

Not to mention, I was able to personally speak with Jorge Munoz, who is super friendly and charming. Intimate atmosphere and very friendly staff, and of course, excellent chefs and cooking.

Let me tell you, these pictures I'm posting does NOT do the taste justice. The first plate was literally a symphony of flavors from beginning to end. My favorite dish of all was the sea bass ceviche in almond milk-- best ceviche ever. But there were many other plates that had my heart skipping a beat. My mouth is watering just reminiscing this meal.... Life... Changing...

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank lululeung
Reviewed June 17, 2016

Our evening here did not live up to expectations. And that's unfortunately an understatement. We expected Michelin star food and service. Opting for the 110 Euro tasting menu, many of the dishes were beautifully presented and several of the taste combinations delivered. Then there was the service... The head waitress was far too conspicuous. She used a stick to point out the ingredients and the order in which to eat these. We were distracted and dismayed as the stick came way too close to the dishes. This was both unappealing and annoying. There was nothing discreet and subtle about the service, which negatively affected our optimal enjoyment of the evening.

Date of visit: June 2016