“Lovely Boutique-Hostel, Wonderful Hosts”

Casa Kessler Barcelona
Ranked #56 of 736 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I went there the first week of August and I would return anytime. It is located in a very nice neighborhood, but it was still very quiet. The decor is very beautiful, I was very impressed. I stayed for 8 days in A-1 6 beds dorm and the beds were made daily and the restrooms were nicely cleaned every day and a few times a day in order to make you feel home and comfortable. Wifi works good and there is a computer available for free if you are not carrying any electronic devices... What is also very nice about this hostel is that if you just feel like relaxing, the terrasse and the living room are ideal for that. Hanne, Irene and all the staff were very helpful and nice to me and to all the guests in the hostel.

Room Tip: Loved room A-1 were I stayed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very CLEAN!, quiet (even door handles do not make a noise), comfortable, made with mind. Location is in the center. Air conditioner, which is very important in summer, exists. The terrace is huge and perfect for the sunbathing. Very recommend this hostel to everyone

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank daryavic
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very artistic like hostel, with a very lovely terrace .The girls there are very nice and helpful. They are new but very clean!!! only 15 minutes to Place Cataluna by walk. I love the cute restaurants nearby as well. I will choose this place when I back to Barcelona for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I ended up in Casa Kessler accidentally as another hostel i booked with didn't have 24 hour reception. It was in the same building as the family my son was staying with for a Spanish course. From the first moment they were very accommodating and extremely helpful and have 24 hour reception anyway which is a huge plus. I cancelled my other booking the following day and stayed in Casa Kessler for 10 days.
First of all it's very central and Carrer Enric Granados is a lovely leafy street with little traffic and lots of restaurants nearby. The staff are super friendly and helpful to a fault. The place itself is beautiful.
The shared room isn't crammed for capacity and you have a locker for your luggage.
It's decorated in an eclectic way and the original mosaic floors and high ceilings with mouldings really set it off. There's also a large terrace to sit outside and relax in.
Something you will notice about this place is that it is absolutely spotless and cleaned daily. I would recommend this place to any of my female friends some of whom would be much less tolerant of some hostels standards.
I got to see the double rooms as well and they are also very very nice for a hostel.
We also stayed in the apartment they also have upstairs for 5 days when other family came over, and if anything it's even nicer than the hostel (and better decorated than my own house).
I really can't speak highly enough of the place and my delight at the adventure of finding it by a complete accident.
I will certainly be going back soon and I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Barcelona who wants to stay somewhere nice especially if they are travelling in a group.
I've left loads of positives out as well. Seriously one of the best places I've stayed in including hotels.
Its a bit more expensive than sone hostels but totally worth it. It might ruin your expectations from hostels for ever though. :)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank JavaMann
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hostel is really beautiful and unique. It feels so cosy there. Everybody is extremely friendly. Location is perfect, i didn't even use metro to go sightseing. When i go to Barcelona next time i will stay there again for sure =)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank AnastasiaPozdnyakova
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been 4 days in Casa Kessler. I went to the hostel for a recommendation from a friend, and I discovered a different place to stay during my vacations. The place, the decoration, the rooms, are all designed to create a family atmosphere. I realy felt like home.
Also, the location is excellent, because it is close to the city center (but in a quiet street) and sorrounded by bars and pubs to go out at nights.
I higly recommend this place. In quality-price realtionship is the best option to stay in Barcelona.

Room Tip: The double rooms are the best choise, but the shared rooms of the back of the flat are cheaper and e...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were there last week for 5 days. We felt so nice!!!!. It was like to be at home. The rooms are decorated with style. They are clean and beds are very comfortable (very important for me). The hostel is 5 minutes from the center (Plaça Catalunya), very well situated. Casa kessler is in Enric Granados st, pedestrian and calm street, without noise but at the same time it is full of chic restaurants and clubs where we were able to have lunch and dinner peacefully....incredible atmosphere. The staff was very kind and helpful, specially Hanne. They told us how to go to many places. The terrace, living-room and everything is incredibly decorated...Hanne´s style. We felt very good. When I come back to BCN, I´ll know where to stay. No doubt!!!! Hugs to the staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple