“Great vegetarian Tapas” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rasoterra
Ranked #229 of 9,333 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Description: Vegetarian and vegan restaurant/tapas bar. Located in the centre of the city of Barcelona, Rasoterra also offers organic and biodinamic wines, home brewed beers and farm cheeses. Most of the vegetables come from a vegetable garden that the four parteners of Rasoterra run by themselves. Linked to the local Slow Food movement, organizes gastronimic events such as wine and cheese tastings.
Calgary, Canada
“Great vegetarian Tapas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

After a failed visit the night before (they were closed) we decided to try again and it was worth the visit! My wife is a vegetarian so this was the perfect place for Tapas. It is a small place with about 16 tables. The server was friendly and the portions are fair! The taste was amazing and the sangria nice a cool on a hot day. A definite must to eat at. They are only open until 1700 on mon and tues...

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Being a meat eater this veggie restaurant is the best I have been too, the waitress explained the dishes on offer and the ones we picked were excellent worth a visit to both veggies and meat eaters alike.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank djreid1
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent... Top Veg in Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I live in Barcelona so have been to every veg restaurant in the city. Most are so bad, sometimes I have to walk out. But some good news...

Rasoterra is hands-down the BEST. Spacious, chilled-out dining area, very creative menu (extremely rare in Spain), really great beer and wine list, super fresh food. Ordered 4 dishes, all were amazing. Service was incredible (again, extremely rare in Spain), and the prices are fantastic. 5 stars, going back next weekend.

1 Thank lucas-rockwood
Portland, OR
“Good even for carnivores”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We are not vegetarians or vegans, but our friends who had been to Rasoterra the previous week, told us to check it out. The cold watermelon soup was one of the best soups I have ever had. My husband ordered it, and after taking a sip of his, I immediately ordered my own. Our dishes were pretty good. I had something topped with eggs, and our daughter had the pasta dish. I know the menu changes a lot, but I'd have faith that whatever they come up with will be good. The service was fine. Nice guy. Not very chatty, but definitely attentive. Would go back and recommend to friends, especially the vegs and vegans in our life.

• Visited July 2013
Orense, Galicia, Spain
“Nice and cheap but bland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

In theory I really like this place, the atmosphere and decoration are very nice, the prices are very low, the menu sounds wonderful and I appreciate the focus on local food. However, the execution was not up to my expectations. The food was very bland and underwhelming.
I ordered the cream of carrot and ginger and it tasted like baby food. I couldn't find any gingery notes whatsoever and it needed salt. My main was stuffed zucchini with barley which was once again under salted and a bit boring. I did like the al dente texture of both the zucchini and the barley. It was served with a smear of fresh tomato sauce which was the acidic note the dish needed, but sadly there wasn't nearly enough of it. My friends' tomato, bread and cottage salad and pasta with tomato, capers and oregano had the same problem, they were simply too bland. Nevertheless, the dessert was pretty good. We all had a glass of horchata which was refreshing and restrained on the sugar front.
In conclusion, I honestly wished I had liked it, but I can't say the food met my standards. I would still recommend it as a healthy and cheap option, but don't expect to be mind blown by the flavours.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
danrossi, Proprietario at Rasoterra, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Ksenija, thanks for visiting us and for your rewiew on Trip Advisor. Every comment, on the social networks or directly to us at the restaurant (which are the ones we prefere because from a direct dialogue you always get a better result.. ) helps us to get better and do the job we've chosen in the best way. I believe you come at lunch time and had our fixed price menu (3 courses: 9.50€ with filtered water included). It's a menu that changes every day according to seasons and to what providers and our vegetable garden give us. As it's lunch time and the majority of people that come for lunch are workers of the neiborhood we try to keep it light and simple using steam to cook, no frying, no excess of soy sauce or bechamel to cover up flavours. Just simple and easy to digest to come back to work feeling light. If you would like to enjoy a more "gastronomic" experience my advice is to try our tapas list (available also at lunch time) or our dinner time dishes and pair them with a nice craft local beer, a natural wine or a non alcoholic soft drink or organic juice. I hope to see you soon back at Rasoterra! Daniele