“I always go there when I come to Barcelona”

Imagine Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #124 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 27, 2014

After a long and tedious search for a friendly and affordable accommodation in Barcelona I found Imagine B&B a few years ago. For work reasons I stay in Barcelona a few nights every month and I always chose Lucia's and Gonaçalo's lovely B&B.
It's a small, cosy place that makes you feel like at home, very central, clean and friendly. Lucia and Gonçalo will go out of their way to make you feel happy; they are lovely and open-minded people, always up for a chat and keen to help along their guests.
Given that there are only four rooms it really feels like staying at somebody's home.
Enjoy your stay in Barcelona!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Heidrun H
There are newer reviews for Imagine Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My parents stayed in room no. 3 between 14-19 October. They were both very pleased with the location, just across the street from Metro Station Verdanguer, very close to Sagrada Familia.

The owner is very polite and friendly. He manages four large rooms in an office building. There is an elevator. The stay was pleasant and quiet.

Breakfast however was not satisfactory, close to basic.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Namiko_Mika
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Ana of Ana's Guesthouse (located on a lower floor of the building) recommended Imagine to us when she didn't have availability downstairs for our requested length of stay, and we're so glad she did. We stayed with her for one night, and I think this is the superior B&B. Her son-in-law, Goncalo, is the guesthouse keeper and although he was very nice, he wasn't that helpful and was very hard to track down when we needed him. Don't let this deter you though, as it was an over all wonderful stay! We had room #3 which was large with a private ensuite, nice breakfast, GORGEOUS balcony, kitchen for light guest use, and the most COMFORTABLE bed in all of Europe! It also had sound proofed windows that made it easy to sleep any time of day (Barcelona is noisy at all hours). The apartment is two floors with three bedrooms being downstairs and one being upstairs along with common rooms (the latter bedroom would be good if you have mobility issues, but I suspect it's loud and lacks privacy as it's right off the breakfast room). This place is located next to transit but Barcelona's subway stops running around 12-1am which is unfortunate because Barcelona is very lively at night like most European cities -- so you might want to consider that you could get stuck making the 20 minute (very safe) walk back at night from The Ramblas and the area where good restaurants stay open later. All in all, we would absolutely stay there again if we make it back to this fabulous city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scholarjae
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was recommended by Ana B&B and It was truly a marvellous place to stay for my big family. We occupied 3 rooms, Bedroom 2, 3 and 4 and the rooms were very comfortable and the atmosphere is homily. My Children especially enjoyed their stay.
The owner Goncalo is very helpful, he would make an effort to talk to us every morning and provide us some info of the places to visit. The location is good, breakfast is nice and the support was excellent.
I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Barcelona.

Room Tip: Room 2,3 and 4 suitable for big family
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wences2013
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I rounded off a business trip with two nights at Imagine 20-21 December. I asked for and received Room 3 with private bathroom, which had a television, view of the avenue, and a great shower, at a very reasonable rate. I was the only person there, so the service Goncalo provided was particularly attentive and his company much appreciated (as well as his excellent sense of knowing when to leave a guest to his breakfast reading). The weather was quite cold and Goncalo made sure my heat functioned. Frankly, I loved being the lone guest, and the fact that I was alone shouldn't be taken ominously, as I apparently just missed a Christmas rush of bookings. Breakfast room and common balcony very nice and bright and dimensions quite intimate, so if there had been fellow guests conversations would've surely been struck up. As it was, Goncalo made the stay a pleasure.

Room Tip: Room 3 was perfect for me, a flight of stairs down from the sixth floor entrance and kitchen and bre...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ecrivainmanque
Reviewed December 16, 2013

"Imagine Bed & Breakfast" is a fantastic place. Nicely located, the Bed & Breakfast has a great management, it's super clean and neat and the entire team is helpful, courteous and available. The staff also provides great insight to the city and the best places to visit. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pedro C
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Walking distance to many Barcelona sites and attractions or Metro station across the road. Goncalo was exceptionally helpful when we had trouble with online bookings. Tea and coffee always available and breakfasts generous(with homemade jam). A wonderfully relaxing space to end our holiday in Spain.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple