“Fantastic!”

Xurreria Dels Banys Nous
Ranked #6 of 231 Dessert in Barcelona
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Reviewed May 5, 2014

If you've never had piping hot, freshly-made churros, what are you waiting for?! If in Barcelona, get thee to Xurreria. We must have been here at least 5 times on our trip. Cones are €1.20 and have about 5 churros in them. Get one all for yourself - you may think you can share, but you can't really (not after tasting one, or two, or... well, all five).

We didn't have an opportunity to try the chocolate at La Granja, but reviews were somewhat mixed for the hot chocolate as well as the service there. Plus, even the unadorned churros are fantastic. :)

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This little place has the best churros in Barcelona, simple as that. Hard to find but like looking for lost treasure the reward is definitely worth it.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Fresh, hot, and cheap. I went to this xurreria twice in two days because it was so good. You get 5 churros for €1.20. Now here's the part where magic comes into play.

First visit: The owner told me I could get 5 sugar churros for the set price. I asked in mangled Spanish if I could buy 4 sugar and 1 chocolate-covered one. He said that's not part of the deal because the chocolate churros are more expensive. 15 seconds later, he gives me a wink and a paper cone of 4 sugar churros and 1 chocolate churro. Cost me the set €1.20.

Second visit: I ask for the regular 5 sugar churros. Pay €1.20, leave, start snacking. But the cone looks fuller than it did the day before. Is it a little heavier, too? And as I eat my way down, through my foodgasmic daze of fried dough and sugar and paradise dreams, I see an extra, sixth churro waiting for me.

Magic.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

To have them with a cup of chocalata, you go 8 doors down the street - if you can withhold from eating your churros.
Enjoy

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Found this place ater looking for ages for it. It's only a shop counter, no tables, no chairs. You are supposed to buy the churros here and then, if you want chocolate to dip it in, you take it to a cafe a few doors down and you order the dipping chocolate there. A bit confusing.
So, was looking forward to all this so much, but the churros, though cheap, €1.40 for about 5, we both found them to just taste very fatty and deep fried. And the dipping chocolate in the next place? Horrible! What's the deal? It's bitter, dark chocolate. Horrible, dry and bitter to eat. I imagined it to be lovely, delicious milk chocolate, but no...it's not/ It's heavy, dark chocolate and yes, we ordered correctly as we asked the english speaking waitress if we ordered correctly.