“Good hotel and great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia
Ranked #33 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oslo, Norway
“Good hotel and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in February after reading all the good reviews on TA and were not disappointed. The hotel is located in the middle of the shopping district and is just around the corner from the airport bus, the big department store El Corte Inlges (which has a supermarket in the basement) and the hop on hop off bus (both the City and Touristic lines). The metro is a stone throw away and can take you to the rest of the city. We did not have breakfast at the hotel because there is so much good food at the city centre, e.g. there is a cafe with great coffee and croissant not too far from the hotel and a very good (but busy!) tapas restaurant 3 mins away. We stayed in a room with an outdoor terrace which was located on the first floor (one floor above ground level) facing 3 walls of residential buildings so we did not have much of a view but it is okay since we were out most of the day.

The hotel is very new and almost spotless, the only design flaw I have to say is the shower - the rainshower flooded the bathroom floor because the shower door covered only half of the shower area. Other than that, we had a fantastic stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank foreverglobetrotter
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the time you spent writting this comments in Trip Advisor. My staff and me are so proud of it and of course, we look forward to welcoming you soon in Catalonia Passeig de Gràcia.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

great hotel right around the corner from the plaza catalunya. that meant direct access to the center of the transpo hub in barcelona including the airport shuttle bus and the subway lines. the hotel itself is well appointed, bright, clean, and very well designed. staff were very courteous and efficient. i have found my home base for barcelona!

Room Tip: my room on the 1st floor had an outside sitting area with a view of the pool. no street view thoug...
2 Thank Jay C
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the time you spend written your comments about our hotel on trip advisor.
I am very happy to hear that you found your home base for Barcelona, I think it is one of the best comments than I can received.
Again thank you very much for your nice comment and I will wait for your next visit to your home.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel was one of the best places we have stayed. We were traveling with another couple and all stayed here for 2 nights. Very modern hotel but not over the top modern. It had just enough to look clean and sleek. We have stayed in Germany and London and haven't found a place this nice.. with such a great central location, at such a good price, ever!

We had a standard room. It came with a balcony, amazing rainfall shower with towel warming rack.. King size bed that gave us the best nights of sleep we had our whole vacation. The hotel is clean and quiet. We were given complimentary drink cards for the bar at our arrival which was a nice surprise as well. We didn't eat there but the bar was nice for just a drink before heading out for the evening.

The hotel staff was great about giving us suggestions on where to go for food and drinks too. Also if you ask they give you maps of the city which is needed.

We would very much stay here again. Really just a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: don't pay more for the bigger room.. the standard was perfect size for 2 and ours had a nice bal...
2 Thank Calderon7
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your comments about our Hotel. This feedback is the best quality barometer that we have. I will pass through my staff your opinion, they will be more than pleased to receive them.
Best regards
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel in February 2014.
I would definitely return in this hotel. The room is big, clean, modern.
The bed is vey very comfortable.. I'm used to travel but I rarely had the chance to sleep so well.
The location is perfect at 30 meters from the metro station.
Plaza Catalunia, casa Batlo, Pedrera... are at very short walking distance.

I didn't try the breakfast.

1 Thank Christophe F
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel, it is helps us to improve our service.
I am very happy to hear that your stayed with us was fine.
If you will come back to Barcelona, please do not heasite to contact with me.
Geneva
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

The best value hotel I have stayed in in Barca. The pricing is normal business hotel pricing, and not expensive for the centre of Barcelona but the quality is really first class. Friendly well trained staff, and upgrade to Imperial Suite astonishing for the price.

Outstanding room service arrangement with a sushi restaurant- which arrived promptly and was good quality and also very well priced.

I didn't take breakfast so, not sure about that but everything else was tremendous.

My visit was one night for business but the hotel experience made it feel more like a vacation. Will return. Soon.

Room Tip: Imperial Suite is magnificent. Private terrace and jacuzzi!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Christopher Ber... E
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel, I am very happy to hear that everything was fine during your stayed and I really hope to see you again.
Cornwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I am smiling just thinking about this hotel!
We were there in January and had such a great time. Check-in was swift, I had my passport checked and I was then wished a happy birthday; nice touch.
Room was gorgeous; ultra modern decorated in very nice latte colours and white. Bathroom was sleek and modern too, nice tiles, quite a large shower
Everything spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We had a view over the pool area which looked very nice; would be great to be there in summer.
Breakfast was really good – decent buffet with a good range of food, and I liked the Nespresso machine so you could have any coffee you wanted. There is an area where you could sit outside in summer.
We were given a “welcome drink” voucher so we used the hotel bar, which we liked very much. You can sit at the bar or in various sofa & coffee table areas, and there is a big screen TV. It was quiet, comfortable and suited us just fine – the staff were really friendly, and the Rioja very nice indeed!
I recommend this hotel and will definitely return again. The location was ideal, just off Passeig de Gracia, short walk to Placa de Catalunya, Ramblas and Gaudi houses.
Lovely rooms, great value for money, staff really friendly and helpful.
At check-out we saw the same member of staff who’d checked us in, he immediately said “see you again next birthday!” – I hope so!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SPea
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel. It is helps us to improve our service.
I really hope to see you again on your next birthday !!!
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

the rooms and the entire hotel decoration very very nice, all designed up to the smallest detail resulting in a great result. Location was also very convenient for the shops and also the touristy area. Staff very friendly and helpful. Every evening they would break in some small treat like chocolates or candies to the room.
Overall great impressions, would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alceste K
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the time that you spend written your comments about our hotel, it is helps us to improve our service.
I am very happy to hear that your stayed with us was fine.
Please, if you will come back to Barcelona, do not heasite to contact with me.