Ive made this a bit of a longer review as i know this is a fairly new property.
I found this hotel on Booking.com right after it opened, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised when I arrived.
The hotel has kind of a bed and breakfast feel to it, in that you have your separate rooms, but do feel like you are staying in someone's apartment. (Reception, lounge and rooms are all on one floor of an apartment building.)
• Bed was very comfortable and cozy (Took lots of mid day naps)
• Common area and rooms very clean with an Ikea chic look.
• Shower pressure was great, (although watch cranking it while on the handle, or you will be power washing the whole bathroom!!)
• Lounge/breakfast/ patio area is a lovely spot to relax in the morning sun
• Staff were great, attentive and service very personalized. Spoke good English which was a bonus, and mostly dealt with the same people every day.
• Location is perfect, just a block off La Rambla catalyuna and a few blocks from metro and Casa Batillo
•Free breakfast was simple but good
Cons/things to note:
•No signage from the street, you will need to look for the address.
• Walls are a bit thin, so at breakfast you will hear people roaming around, (It does seem like most people respect that they need to be quiet to accommodate everyone else, so the lounge is typically a quiet area, until mid day when the staff turn a bit of music on.)
• It seems like there are private apartments above, so you can hear people living upstairs from time to time, but it was quiet at night.
•Shower could use a glass door, if only to prevent soaking the bathroom after accidentally cranking the water pressure.
• Access to a hair dryer and additional hangar space in the room would be nice.
• Rooms may benefit from a little local art on the walls.
* Room doors could feel a bit more secure, if they were more than just a bedroom door, but that said with such few people on the property we actually felt quite safe.
Some extra details about this property:
Rooms: (best guess)
Some rooms face the street, they have better natural light and a small balcony, but may be loud due to being over the road and down the street from a jazz club? (Units 1,2,8?)
Others are quieter but offer very little in terms of a view (unit 6 was the one we were in)
Some are right off the common areas, so I assume will feel less private at breakfast, (unit 4&5)
While we were here this is what was served:
Croissants, Lemmon bread, fresh strawberries, apples, oranges, Gouda cheese, toast, cereal (corn flakes etc.) ham slices, self made mini pancakes, potato frittata, & tea/juice.
As mentioned there is no sign on the street, but there is a buzzer with the hotel name listed, so you will know you are in the right place when you get there. The main door is unlocked during the day and you can buzz in at night. There is a small lift near the entrance or you can just walk up to the first floor to access the reception area. They usually ask when you plan to arrive so they can just have the door open.
Overall I was very satisfied with this property, I felt it was great value for the price compared to some of the other properties I found. Staff were all great and I always felt right at home and comfortable.
If you are looking for the full hotel experience or need a large hot breakfast, this may not be the place for you, but overall you get good value if you are just looking for a comfortable,clean place in a good location.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hostal Cien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Cien Barcelona, Catalonia