“Beware of crazy reviews” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gandhi Restaurante Hindu

Gandhi Restaurante Hindu
Carrer Balmes 21, 350 meters from Placa Catalaunya, Near Ramblas, 08007 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Gandhi Restaurante Hindu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,056 of 8,467 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian, Asian, Vegan
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Eixample
Barcelona
“Beware of crazy reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

This the worst Indian restaurant? Someone is writing biased reviews.
The food here is tasty & courteously served. The prices are extremely cheap, especially for Barcelona center if you work there. (The menu at midday is less than 10€ as of this writing) The papadam is delicious, the nan just made. The choices are reasonable. Sauces taste fresh. I think it's a find.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank BCNUSA

• Polish first
Uttoxeter, Staffordshire
“Probably the worst Indian Restaurant that I have eaten in, in the world”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was in Barcelona for a few days break and was initially delighted to find this Restaurant so close to my Hotel and thought that I would use it on several occasions. I met the owner outside the restaurant during the morning as he was giving out Business cards and told him that I would eat in the restaurant that evening around 8-8.30pm. I arrived at 8.30pm and ordered my meal. Within about 30 mins, the whole restaurant was taken over by a party of Asian people. Most establishments would have closed due to a 'private party'. I was then, halfway through my meal and the owner came up to me and told me to eat up as he needed my table. This was a complete insult and the rest of my evening was ruined. I asked for my bill and left in a very bad mood. I have eaten in many Indian Restaurants both in this Country and around the World and this has to be the worst experience ever. The food, incidentally, was only average. If in Barcelona, I recommend that people try somewhere other than the Gandhi.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Davefel67
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had a delicious lunch at Gandhi restaurant! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the food very good! We had a salad and pizza (very particular pizza but rich of ingredients and with a very good taste!) and a Sangria, well prepared and fresh! We absolutely come back to Gandhi when we will return to Barcelona!

• Visited March 2013