“Fresh product and excellent value for money”
Review of Espai Kru

Espai Kru
Reserve with
Espai Kru is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #242 of 10,193 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montjuic
Description: The upstairs of Rias de Galicia becomes a "sea" of little dishes, more casual, more fun, more imaginative, and more economical. A modern setting, with a kitchen bar where chefs prepare many dishes in front of customers. Two Rías in one. The menu has two parts. The main one based on elaborations without fire, is an anthem to the "product". And a second one where we discover the fire.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is one of my new favorites restaurants in Barcelona. The product quality is high, fresh seafood and excellent selection of cocktails.

I went with a friend, we love enjoy the little pleasures as discover new places where you can delight of a high quality cuisine. I would say that Espai Kru is one of that hidden gems in Barcelona with excellent value for money.

If you are an oysters lover, don't forget to ask the oysters with ceviche sauce. It's amazing as a starter accompanied with a Peruvian Pisco Sour. You can continue selecting any fresh fish of the menu. Finally, if you are a Mojito fan, try the Mulato cocktail, you will love it.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is a two generation sea food restaurant, managed by three of the most talented brothers you could find. Classy atmosphere, mostly business patrons and local families, very good service, professionally trained. The menu is constantly changing, since some years they have tried to do a modern twist into the very traditional menu. They serve great sea food and very good fresh fish. I have been a client from this place for over 20 years and I can guarantee that this is the place where you would get the best and most honest real spanish sea food in the city.

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I had a tasty menu with lots of great surprises. I paid overall south of 100 incl. Everything. They gave me a nice table outside with very good attentive service.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We ended up in Rias de Galicia, saturday evening after watching the fountain show.

It had OK reviews, and my girlfriend were keen on seafood, a few metres away from the attractions, high end and decent reviews.

We were satisfied with our choice.

At least for a while, we first asked for sparkling water, but got normal water. Ok honest mistake.
We ended up waiting for a while, before someone who appeared to be senior staff finally tended our table, wine choice he made was decent.

We received our starter, the lobster salad, a half-small cold lobster with some avocado and mango, good enough, but for the price, we felt it did not start our engine. We could survive this. We enjoyed our wine, and looked forward to our fish.

However, here our impression of a fine restaurant ended. Fish was what we wanted, and must be said, we do come from a fish-region north east in Norway, but what followed were disappointing. It was not near a decent meal in our mind.

My girlfriend ordered a oven baked sea brass, it was overcooked, and the recipe was not to here liking, she was not able to finish it. The fish was fresh, but still it made here fill slightly ill. Myself I ordered a grilled filet, and not to my surprise, it was not grilled, it was not a filet, and it was overcooked.

As we had a appointment we did not have the time to argue with the staff. Nothing bad to be said about the waitress, but paying €136 for this felt like we were robbed. Summertime, ok, but chef should have done better.

1  Thank ManiaCozz
Reviewed August 20, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Barcelona, I am regular at least 2 times per week. Fresh product and always surprising offering only the best ingredients available. Located right on top of the famous Rias de Galicia, (city´s best sea food resto), offering valet service (one of the few in the city), this trendy yet solid sea food and raw bar offers one of the best sea food, with a Japanese and Peruvian twist; here you will find the freshest sea food and the best product daily picked from the market. Try the raw squid, the tuna belly "toro" sashimi, the sea scallop, the lobster and mango salad, the beef tartar,...etc... Good thing about this place is that they also have a very large selection of cooked dishes for those who don´t fancy raw food so much. Leave room for the desert, amazing chocolate band and great coconut pineapple.. Cocktails are also great, even they offer a great classical and sparkling wine menu. Must try for those traveling to the city and the locals who haven´t tried yet.