“Fantastic experience!!!”

and up
Interactive Spanish Cooking Experience in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your quest for tasty local Tapas, fresh seafood Paella and delicious Sangria in Barcelona ends here. Join us for our world famous Spanish Cooking Experience and learn the art of preparing, creating and of course enjoying the traditional culinary delights of the Catalan coast. Commencing each evening at 6.00pm (18.00) at a central meeting spot just off Las Ramblas, your Spanish cooking odyssey begins with a guided tour through the amazing La Boqueria market with your very own local chef and host. Here your Chef will haggle with the fish mongers for a range of fresh seafood ingredients and introduce you to the many delights this market has to offer all your senses. After the market your group will be lead to our beautiful cooking school in the very foodie El Born district, a short walk away. Inside this charming venue you'll find a fully equipped open kitchen, Sangria bar and comfortable restaurant style seating for your whole group. First up it's time for some Tapas and Sangria! Meet and mingle with your group while you create your own Pintxos Espanolas and enjoy a tasty range of the classic Spanish finger foods such as Patatas Bravas, Pimientos de Padron, Spanish Tortilla, Chorizo, Manchego cheese, grilled sea foods and the famous dry-cured ham, El Jamon. Accompanied, of course with plenty of delicious red sangria. Then it's time to hit the kitchen. Aprons on: it's your turn! Your enormous traditional paella needs to be made from scratch. Under the guidance of your chef, help to prepare the many ingredients involved and then fire up the gas. This interactive, informative and extremely appetising process will teach you everything you need to know about cooking the perfect Spanish Paella! Take hold of the magic wooden spoon and get some classic photos behind the enormous Paellera (cooking pan) to make all your friends hungry back home! While your main dish is simmering away in the pan, your chef will lastly host a Sangria making workshop, allowing you to mix your own fresh and fruity jugs of the classic Spanish refreshment to enjoy with your meal. Then low and behold the Paella is ready, it's time to regroup on your table for a lovely sit down dinner and drinks experience to savour the unique tastes of your hard work and cooperation. An absolute winner for travellers of all ages and backgrounds, this activity is the perfect way to spend your evening amongst new friends, great food and cultural fun in Barcelona. Your chef speaks English and Spanish and will cater to any food allergies or special requirements. For those who do not eat seafood, an alternative main meal is cooked by the chef and served with the Paella. Recipes and cooking tips will be handed out to group at the end.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The evening started off very poorly, with longs waits and an unbelievable long walk that prepared me for a really bad evening. Boy, was I wrong!
We went to the Boqueria market, which is an experience in itself, and then we walked to the cooking school, a walk that seemed endless, and truthfully, annoyed me no end. I thought "what have I got myself into?".
Well, what I got myself into was a unforgettable, fantastic evening.
The cooking class was fantastic. The first order of business was to learn how to prepare tapas, whiles enjoying sangria (I must confess that this was my first sangria, but definitely won't be my last).
After eating tapas and drinking sangria, we were taught how a paella should be prepared. WOW and double WOW! The chef made the work look so much fun, and with it we rcei

There are newer reviews for Paella Cooking Experience

Reviewed April 1, 2014

While I was skeptical at first to join this activity, it turned out to be a wonderful evening. The group I joined was fun, and we all had a great time learning to cook paella. The tour through the market was colorful and informative, and the walk back to the cooking school was lovely. Ferdinand was funny and helpful. He has a pleasant way of teaching beginners how to cook, and I must say that a week later I think I could almost make the paella and sangria without looking at the recipes! It stuck in my mind due to his comfortable teaching style. Overall, I loved the evening, but my only suggestion would be to send the recipes for the tapas, too. I thought those would be included and hoped to get the recipe for the potatoes and the dipping sauce. Is it possible to get those too?

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We arrived late afternoon to Barcelona. After a short walk in La Rambla, this is our first stop. We liked the evening very much. It includes market visit, dinner, Paella cooking demonstration and making your own Sangria. Besides when we made our own Sangria, all the spirit we wasted in the pitcher....
It's a great deal for the night!

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Fernando is a born entertainer! First: to La Boqueria Market for fresh assortment of seafood. Then to his teaching kitchen tucked away in one of the the Old Barrios of Barcelona. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

A fabulous night for just 22Euro. This included, tapas, seafood paella and as much sangria as you can drink! Not only do you eat and drink, you join Fernando for the purchasing, cooking and you get to make your own sangria! The food was amazing and the company was great too. What a great way to experience Spain's most famous dish! Everything was fresh and just a delight to watch the making of! This is a great night and one everybody should experience at least once! I am even tempted to do it again! Many thanks!