“Great food, great service!”
Review of Cafe Tomate

Cafe Tomate
Ranked #2,391 of 9,931 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Welcome to Cafe Tomate, we are a restaurant specializing in market cuisine, located in the "Eixample" of Barcelona, one of the most emblematic districts of the city where its history, art and culture are visible in every corner. At Café Tomate you can enjoy a wide variety of tapas and montaditos. For the most demanding palates we have our specialties Café Tomate and the section Café Gourmet Tomato. Not only good food, we also have an exclusive selection of gins, tonic and select cockteleria.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I went here tonight, per our hotel's recommendation and loved it! We sat outside and watched the soccer game from a tv they set up outside. The atmosphere was great and the service was even better, mostly because of one of the servers there- Oreol ( not sure if I spelled that correctly). He spoke very good English and had a great sense of humor. He made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. We ended up staying there longer to have coffee and dessert because of his company. He was a hard worker and really enjoyed his job. The sangria is excellent! We also had the seafood paella which was wonderful. Highly recommend trying this restaurant if you're in Barcelona! We will definitely be back. Thanks to Oreol !

There are newer reviews for Cafe Tomate

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had three meals here during two recent visits to Barcelona and each time we received excellent service and assistance (we have no spanish language skills) along with great tasting food choices. The menu was varied and has both extensive tapas and a la carte.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Food is excellent at good prices, friendly staff, my recommendation! (even it is a little bit noisy near the street)

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I found Cafe Tomate through a Trip Advisor search. I took my parents here who are NOT adventurous eaters but they wanted to try some 'Tapas' during our brief stay in Spain. I however love a unique menu. The menu catered to both of our needs. The staff was so friendly and the facility was very clean, this put my parents at ease enough to try some Tapas they would have not otherwise tried. The staff was hands down fantastic! I highly recommend Cafe Tomate. We had a wonderful experience here. The food, atmosphere, cleanliness & staff make this a wonderful dining experience.

1  Thank Bobi S
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were staying in the neighbourhood and used Trip Advisor to help narrow down restaurant choices. Cafe Tomate does not disappoint, we had friendly service from all the wait staff despite our limited Spanish. The four of us had several tapas dishes including spicey mushrooms, potatoes bravos as recommended by TripAdvisor reviews, followed by a large seafood paella to share. Delicious!
If/when I make a return visit to Barcelona, I will most definitely eat at Cafe Tomate and will recommend to friends