“Simply good!”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Gracia
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice empanadas in different variations - every was still delicous. Low price and frendly waiter! We were here for lunch but at 16:00 a clock - we were alone. The waiter doesnt speak english and we no spanish but the only espanol card was possible to understand with some help.
Really nice!

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I just had a very nice meal here. I came to Barcelona alone for a couple of days, but this seems like a nice place to go with some friends and stay after the meal for a couple of drinks...
Young and loose atmosphere, playing special music that I didn't know. Great!
The young lady doesn't speak English but she can understand it. Furthermore: free wifi, password is on the wall AND they have the great Belgian beer Duvel. (Watch out if you're not familiar with heavier beers! ;) )

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This little place was a great, simple treat. Perfect for a simple dinner with a cold beer. The service was friendly and humble and they took the time to explain the different empanadas to us. If you like empanadas, you can't go wrong here. They're all great! Cool music too!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Las Empas is a hidden treasure... It is a small restaurant with a great atmosphere, very friendly staff and you should definitely be on the lookout for it...
The menu was explained to us in detail by the waiter and there is enough choice for everyone as there are different options: vegetarian, meat and fish. They have 3 fixed options, the others change from time to time. I liked the fact that they involve their customers in the process of creating these new empanadas.

Me and my friend tried most of the empanades on the menu and I absolutely loved the Sicilian one, it was delicious! The other ones are great to but this one was by far my favorite! You should also try the spicy sauce offered with the Empanadas. As mentionned be others the empanadas are oven baked which adds extra flavor to them!

Overall it is a place to discover: great food, great atmosphere, great value for your money, amazing staff and so on...

Reviewed June 17, 2013

To be honest, I was a bit skeptic of eating empanadas in Barcelona. No guide is recommending it immediately and I had really great ones in Argentina. So who could beat that?
But just because I know how good empanadas can be (and Argentina being a bit more away) I took the chance. And I'm not regretting it at all!
The place is located in Gracia in one of it's lovely small streets. Unfortunately it's not that visible from the street, so make sure you don't pass it.
Don't hesitate to just walk in and ask the staff to explain there concept as it's quite unique. They will be more than happy to help you and make recommendations on the food.
They do have 3 empanadas available all time, of which I liked the 'Con Carne' the most. From the other options, if it's available, take the 'Catalan'. My personal favorite! And definitely try the 'hot sauce' you get with your empanadas. It makes it even better!
All empanadas are oven baked btw. Much better then fried according to me.
In general, it's a very nice place to eat. If you are in for a snack, just lunch or dinner, it's something you can eat all day long. So whenever you pass, just jump in and get some empanadas. You will not regret!