“Hidden Treasure in the hart of Barcelona!”
Review of Las Empas

Las Empas
Ranked #3,073 of 9,770 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Gracia
Leuven, Belgium
“Hidden Treasure in the hart of Barcelona!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Las Empas is a hidden treasure... It is a small restaurant with a great atmosphere, very friendly staff and you should definitely be on the lookout for it...
The menu was explained to us in detail by the waiter and there is enough choice for everyone as there are different options: vegetarian, meat and fish. They have 3 fixed options, the others change from time to time. I liked the fact that they involve their customers in the process of creating these new empanadas.

Me and my friend tried most of the empanades on the menu and I absolutely loved the Sicilian one, it was delicious! The other ones are great to but this one was by far my favorite! You should also try the spicy sauce offered with the Empanadas. As mentionned be others the empanadas are oven baked which adds extra flavor to them!

Overall it is a place to discover: great food, great atmosphere, great value for your money, amazing staff and so on...

• Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Zandhoven, Belgium
“Great concept, staff and off course Empanadas!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

To be honest, I was a bit skeptic of eating empanadas in Barcelona. No guide is recommending it immediately and I had really great ones in Argentina. So who could beat that?
But just because I know how good empanadas can be (and Argentina being a bit more away) I took the chance. And I'm not regretting it at all!
The place is located in Gracia in one of it's lovely small streets. Unfortunately it's not that visible from the street, so make sure you don't pass it.
Don't hesitate to just walk in and ask the staff to explain there concept as it's quite unique. They will be more than happy to help you and make recommendations on the food.
They do have 3 empanadas available all time, of which I liked the 'Con Carne' the most. From the other options, if it's available, take the 'Catalan'. My personal favorite! And definitely try the 'hot sauce' you get with your empanadas. It makes it even better!
All empanadas are oven baked btw. Much better then fried according to me.
In general, it's a very nice place to eat. If you are in for a snack, just lunch or dinner, it's something you can eat all day long. So whenever you pass, just jump in and get some empanadas. You will not regret!

• Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
“A neat little place for lunch”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stopped in to Las Empas for lunch and were not disappointed. The server explained everything on the menu to us and we got a good value on three empas of our choice with a drink.
It was quiet at the time we went in but it was comfortable and the food was very good.

I would absolutely recommend it.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great atmosphere and food!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went to Las Empas for lunch on a weekday. I enjoyed the 5 empanadas + drink deal while chatting with the owner. The food was super tasty and paired wonderfully with my Duvel! The owner also explained how they are constantly adding new empanada recipes from around the world (so be on the lookout for new rotating varieties). Overall a really great experience for the tasty food, chill atmosphere, and friendly staff.

“Las Empas”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

When going to Barcelona, all you want to eat are tapas and Pinxtos, but when i discovered the empas.... Las Empas is definitely a place you need to visit. Most restaurants rarely change the menu. This one does on a regular basis. You even get to vote (facebook) your favorite empa. You can also create one to be on the menu.

Nice to see a different kind of trendy bar/restaurant.

I realy liked the concept.