“Best restaurant in Barcelona”
Review of 336 - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Comfort Food: Fresh, Simple and Rustic Food, Fair Prices and Friendly Service.The restaurant 336 is a light and airy place, with avant-garde details , located in the heart of Barcelona, ​​in the Eixample district . The importance of the product of proximity and Catalan culinary traditions of their culture pervade their offer of high-level Catalan food . Among the gems you can find is the tuna tataki , the T-bone Girona or cod ( in different ways ) . There's more meat and fish also shine for quality that are required . Other formats are very valid paella, fideua and burgers . You will not miss anything . Neither of those delicious homemade desserts deserve the coffee wait a little longer. 336 in the restaurant you will appreciate a service and effective family room . A place where you can organize your most marked and where their gin and tonics and cocktails will make you very happy celebrations. You will repeat .
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Been in the city for four nights and found this gem on the last one! Fantastic food, well prepared in a very pleasant atmosphere. The set menu for 25 euros is the one to go for... Fab choices with wine coffee and a glass of cava thrown in.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Had dinner here on a recent stay in BCN. Loved it so much we went back to try more dishes on a second night. Left filled up and very happy both times after choosing from the set menu. Also, for celiacs or gluten intolerant the chef will cater to you nicely. I am gluten intolerant and 336 took great care of me. In fact if you call ahead chef will make sure he has gluten free bread on hand to enjoy along with the meal.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

If your planning to come to Barcelona ,,,,, definatley come here awesome...... Food service atmostphere all amazing ,,,,,, food was second to none tuna starter pictured was gorgeous,,,,, everything else was equally wondeful ,,,, please go, the owner christian made our visit extra special with the personal touch by supplying us with a parting schnapps superb passionate about his food and customers ,,,, we will be back on our next trip adios for now x

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Very good value for money, but average quality.
It's (has become?) a tourist restaurant. My girlfriend and I were the only (literally!) locals. When we entered the dining room the waiter welcomed us in English! Not the kind of atmosphere you expect when you go out dining in your hometown.
Bottom line: not a bad experience, but I wouldn't go back there.

Christian M, Propietario at 336, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for your opinion.
After reading your opinion, I have become very sad and very happy at the same time, sad because we don´t have the locals, well, I did you have a lunch in our restaurant? Because every day in daily basis we have 140 customers and for sure these customers are not tourist, but sure your did not know, 2nd I will like to tell you a story , one day a guy next door told a friend – Why we don´t place reservation tonight at 336 for dinner ? and the other guy answer him – No, is full of tourist every night , and the concierge told them – May be the tourist can appreciate more than Spaniards the quality and service of 336.
Every day, I like to take a look opinions left for customers on tripadvisor to see what I am doing wrong, and I like to see other restaurants opinions to see what they are doing to improve their business.
After reading so many , I will like to say, the word TOURIST for some Spaniards is like ¨ Sickness¨ or look like it, on the opinions left on Tripadvisor, well for the word TOURIST for me is a marvelous word because, if was not for them, Barcelona won´t be the Barcelona we know now; a city well known in every part of the world and if we add the money TROURIST bring to our city to keep us working , or we don´t remember what is going on in our country almost 5 million without work , because I can tell you out side of the perimeter of down town Barcelona, restaurants struggle to survive.

Other thing I will like to say is, you came on August 1st because I was the one who went to your table 3 times asking if everything was fine and your answer was –Perfect- I remember you asking about , why we did not have more locals, do you remember what day is August 1st ?. well, Is went Barcelona gets almost empty because almost everybody goes on vacations and if you add three Soccer games on TV may you have your answer why we did not have more locals that night.
Thank you for your opinion in English, I am American and I appreciate your consideration, if was not for that, I will think you are another restaurant owner trying to bring down our restaurant.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant as it had great reviews and was near to our hotel. The staff were lovely, particularly our waitress who looked after us so well! The restaurant itself was really nice with great artwork on the walls and generally a great atmosphere. The menu and food was amazing; the reason I gave 4/5 rather than 5/5 may be seen as a bit harsh, but as a vegetarian I really struggled with the meat-heavy menu (yes, I know not to expect too many veggie options in Spain!). That said, the mushroom crocquettes were delicious, and my main course - vegetarian paella - was so rich and tasty I had to ask whether there was actually meat in it (there wasn't)! We left feeling extremely full and satisfied. The food was good value too.
We were even lucky enough to have a band of musicians dining there who treated us to a few songs!
All in all a lovely meal which I would recommend.

2  Thank Hannah M