“Surely worth visiting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Negro Carbon - CLOSED

Negro Carbon
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Argentinean, Spanish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Barceloneta
Bcn
“Surely worth visiting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went there twice, once for a drink and to eat.
The first time I went there at night time, it was too busy to get a table -crowd always gives me hope the place is worth the visit, but it's also kind of on a touristy way and close to the the beach, but a guy ordering a tapa and eating it at the bar, which holds place for max 5 ppl (we were 3 ppl) was a good sign. The service was pleasant, quick and attentive.

The second time it was dinner time and we went there for burgers. Everything was ok, not great. The meat itself was good, melting in the mouth but should have stayed on the gril just a tad bit longer, the bun fresh and crisp, sangria not too sweet, so perfect for me.The service this time was okay, but nothing special.

I like this place and would come back because it is warm, nicely situated, not arty farty posh, not tacky, just normal.

• Visited March 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona
“Great service. Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Walking round town with my 6yr old son, and we were getting hungry. That part of town gets pretty full of tourists, and after a while, all that you see on offer are "tapas menu". Nothing against tapas menus, but I have a kid with me (kids don't take to tapas). I was just hoping to find a comfortable place, where the service would be (child) friendly.

We went for a drink in a café next to Santa Maria del Mar, and asked for a suggestion. The waiter was from Argentina. That is how we discovered this place. Negro Carbón is a great little cozy bar restaurant. The decor has a homely unassuming feel. It's on a corner, so the two large windows give you a good view of the street. The service is impeccable. Very friendly! I was lucky to only order main courses because the dishes are HUGE!

The meat cuts are Argentino, and the quality is great. I loved the french fries with garlic and parsley. Fried to crispy perfection.

My son and I sat at a huge window overlooking Plaça de Palau, listening to a selection of jazz, and reggae. I heard a SUPERB unplugged rendition of Marley singing "Lively up Yourself", and my son spontaneously said "papi, I like this music". That made my day!

the only shame about this great little place is that they should have more Argentino wine on the wine list!

Felicitaciones! Volveremos!

barcelona
“Best burger in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

this little quirky gem is a pleasant surprise. the burger is definitely the best in town and authentically and beautifully flame grilled! Yes flame grilled! where else in Barcelona does it? the meat is juicy from the charcoal grill which takes me instantly back to my first burger. Now this is what burgers should taste like! the place has a great vibe too, very laid back, quirky with great selection of music. great little location too. Definitely the best kept secret in town and not to be missed if you know your burgers.

• Visited November 2012
Warwick
“Lovely little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Spotted it during a walk and went back at dinner time. The food was lovely and different to typical spanish food. Lovely service and you couldn't go wrong with 3.50€ mojitos

1 Thank adaajoku
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Great little find at the end of a day of sightseeing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I stumbled across this great little bar when we were in Barcelona for the weekend earlier this month. We'd been sightseeing for the day and came across the bar on our way from Parc de la Ciutadella to Port Vell/Barceloneta. We saw the sign in the window saying they had mojitos on offer for 3.50euros so we thought it might be worth a go, and it didn't let us down. Nice atmosphere with fun music and friendly staff, and the cocktails weren't bad either! We had two tapas dishes to nibble on when we were there which were tasty, and there were quite a lot of others in there too at the same time as us so it's obviously popular (especially considering it was only about 5.30pm). Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited November 2012