1,894 results
All reviews tapas tour games room bunk beds common areas toilet and shower sagrada familia private bathroom clean rooms enjoyed my stay air conditioning the location is perfect metro station hostels city dorm verdaguer lockers
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

I went there with a friend. We didn’t know anyone and we made so many friends in 5 days that I can’t even count them!! It was amazing! We loved Barcelona!! If I’m back, I’ll be back for sure. Perfect for people who travel by themselves!!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Generator B, Front of House at Generator Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Hey! Thank you so much for your great feedback after your recent stay with us. I will pass on the positive feedback to the team here as I know they will all really appreciate your kind words. Hope to see you again in Generator Barcelona!

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Very welcoming and kind staff. I got a map of the city and metro and they were very nice to me. Fresh beds and rooms! The whole hostel was fresh. Good WIFI aswell! It was close to the metrostation Diagonal so that was good to.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Generator B, Front Office Manager at Generator Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Hey Emmili, Thank you for your review. I’m delighted to hear that you found our team to be helpful and you liked your stay too. Thank you so much as this is exactly what we’re aiming for. Best Wishes, Joan Casas, Front Desk team.

Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

For all the great reviews this place gets I was unimpressed. I thought the staff was rude, the elevator/card system never works right, they charge 4€ to rent a towel, the six person dorm was so cluttered and crowded when full, and shower was moldy. Location is decent.

I stayed here expecting a lot more. I think you can probably find better in such a visited country.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Generator B, front desk at Generator Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Thank you very much for your stay and review about Generator Barcelona. We assure you that your complaint and feedback will give the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our service further. Hope to see you soon

Reviewed January 6, 2018

Good location. 15 minutes walk to center of town (Plaça de Catalunya). Friendly staff.

I had no experience with hostels before, but my roommate told me that it's pretty clean in comparison. I tend to agree. It's probably due to the fact, that it's a hostel/hotel combo. The higher standard of the hotel transfers to the hostel. This also leads to more diversified group of patrons.

Negative:
There was no wardrobe, just an underbed drawer. The drawer opened to the front, i.e.: not a toploader. That makes it hard to get to your stuff.

I'd really prefer an upright wardrobe in a hostel. Where else am I going to hang my wet towel to dry? Can't leave it just out there for anybody to use. Maybe I should've rented a fresh towel for every day. I didn't ask for the rate.

The bathroom sink was too small. Couldn't fit both my hands under the valve.

The beer at the bar is a little pricy ;-) 4.50 euros for about 400-500 ml of "Moritz" beer. However there are two supermarkets across the street which sell affordable, refrigerated beer.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Generator B, Front Desk at Generator Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Hola!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We always go the extra mile to make our guests feel like home. We will take your advises in consideration to keep improving our services.

Hope to see you back in the future!

Medea Amado - Front Desk

Reviewed December 29, 2017

Would recommend this hostel when visiting Barcelona! You can expect the same high standards here as with any of the 'Generator' Hostels across Europe. Once your settled in its a breeze to get to the Park & Beach :)

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Generator B, Front Desk Team at Generator Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2017

Hola! Thank you for sharing this amazing review and recommend Generator Barcelona, We are glad to heard that you enjoyed the Generator Experience. We hope to see you soon.

Best regards.