“great staff especially thanks Bea”

Generator Hostel Barcelona
Ranked #26 of 732 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed July 24, 2014

As many people said, this hostel has a convenient location, comfortable beds, functionally-designed rooms, clean sheets, a cheerful lounge and an energetic bar.
Moreover, all staff members were very kind, pacient and understanding.
Especially, one of the staff, Bea was very helpful. In fact, when my wallet was pickpocketed in the town, I told her and she advised me what to do and calmed me down warmheartedly.
I really appreciate her, without her help I couldn't have managed it.
Definitely, I'll stay here again when I have a chance to visit Barcelona.
Again, thanks a lot Bea.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
GeneratorBarcelona, General Manager at Generator Hostel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for sharing your experience after staying in Generator Barcelona.

All the comments about the location and services are very helpful for new guests.

I have already shared with the team, especially to Bea, your positive opinion about the staff. they are very happy to read them.

Thanks for your time and we hope to see soon in Barcelona

There are newer reviews for Generator Hostel Barcelona

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed in a 6 mixed dorm room, when I arrived the employees were very helpful and nice, everything is accessed with your key, so it's safe. The hostel has parties and music every night which is nice and the decoration is awesome.
On the other side, breakfast is horrible, if it's not included in your reservation you have to pay 4€ for a terrible breakfast, so better go elsewhere. The bar/restaurant is super expensive, paid 3€ for a regular beer and the food is not good.
Location is very good and well connected.
Overall it was a good experience except for the bar/restaurant and breakfast.

Room Tip: I guess it's luck, I stayed in the 1st floor and it was fine, depends on your roommates.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Alana K
GeneratorBarcelona, Manager at Generator Hostel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for sharing your experience after staying in our hostel.

I have already shared with the team the positive comments about them, it is really great to heard it.

Apologize if you didn't like the food, I have already reviewed them with the area manager in order to offer a better products offer, because for us is very important this service.

Thanks for your time and I hope next time you come, you will enjoy the activities and the food too.

regards from Barcelona

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I wouldn't call myself a typical hostel-goer. I can definitely afford a nicer hotel, but usually choose to stay at a simpler and more reasonably priced hotel so I can spend more money on dining and other activities. A friend recommended Generator to me because it is a new concept of an upscale hostel, combining the best of a boutique design hotel and a youth hostel. Generator had a more traditional hostel section of the building, and another area with private rooms, which I elected. My room was well designed, spotless and had a comfortable bed. The social areas of the hostel were great and the location in the city was unbeatable.

Room Tip: Private rooms are very nice, look like a hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Albert M
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Bright colours and cleanliness. This hostel would have to be my favourite in all of Europe! I was in a 6 bed dorm and it was perfect, a little more room would of been nice. Facilities were new and easily worked. Food good and staff friendly! overall just amazing!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Kaitlyn H
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Trendy hostel and hotel in Barcelona, the Generator is a great place to stay. I had the chance to stay with them in Denmark and loved the experienced. Barcelona was no different. We stayed in an en-suite room and even though the room was small, the huge window and beautiful view really made up for it.

Decoration is really trendy and the whole place has a nice vibe to it. As the Generator in Denmark, this one was very clean and people were attentive. Great localization, close enough to everything, but immersed in a true Barcelona neighborhood.

If you ever come to the city, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheAmados

Dear guests,

Thanks for sharing your experience after staying in Generator Barcelona. it is good to know that you have enjoy in two Generators, incluiding Copenhagen.

I appreciate your opinion about the style and location, we have tried from the beginning to show a little bit of Barcelona within the building, the desing team did a great job and we realise thanks to comments like yours.

thanks for your time and we hope to see you soon in any of Generator Hostels.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Generator Barcelona was a great place to stay overall, though it was a bit of a metro ride from the beach, montjuc and the barri gothic.
We stayed in an 8 person dorm, which was a little small on walking space between the beds, but had lots of storage, good lockers, two sinks and separate bathroom and shower facilities. We never had to wait for a shower, as there is a very clean extra shower room as well. There's lots of space to hang out in common areas as well, so the size of the room wasn't too much of a problem either.
Best of all, the beds were very comfortable, had their own light and outlet, and the sheets were changed every day.
The hostel also had lots of events and two eating areas as well as a breakfast cafeteria with cheap food and drinks, and was open later than many neighbouring establishments.
A little disappointing was the lack of kitchen, but the food sold there was reasonably priced, as long as you're expecting to buy most meals out.
The location was nice, just up from ave diagonal, which was a fancy shopping area, so it felt safe, even late at night. It's walking distance from the sagrada familiar and parc guell, however we found we took the metro a good deal, and bought the 10 trip metro pass for our four night stay.
Overall, the stay was lovely, the staff, rooms and restaurant were great, but you might want to look at where you want to go in Barcelona before committing.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Asha,

Thanks for your time, it is great to read your comments that I have already shared with the team.
I am very please that you liked the room facilities, also the activities we organised achieve the goal when guests like you join them.
I am sorry about the lack of kitchen, we offer a fridge and a microwave for guests use and at the same time the bar menu is focus in offering a big variety in prices and products.
Thanks againg for your comments and we hope to see you again in Generator Barcelona

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was our starting point for a 2 week Europe trip and it was the perfect start. We had booked a private twin room and were upgraded to a Deluxe room on the hotel side. We had an amazing balcony with lounge chairs and a great view of the mountain. It was lovely having bathrobes as well. The food in the lobby was ok but there were tones of places in the area to eat. Great location and good atmosphere. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TOTraveller81

Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your experience after staying in Generator Barcelona. it is very helful to find comments like yours, because you describe very well the premium room and the facilities you found it.
I have already shared with the team your opinion about the food, it is great to heard it.
We hope to see you soon in Barcelona

regards,