“Surprisingly good”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went to the Michael Collins pub after visiting La Sagrada Familia. We were hot and tired and fancied a nice cold Guinness. The pub was great. The staff were welcoming and it was cool and comfortable and full of locals. It suited it us so much that we had a meal and a couple more pints of Guinness. The food was good pub food and was served quickly. It was my birthday and I had thought to eat at a top end Barcelona restaurant but this pub provided a really nice relaxing evening.

There are newer reviews for The Michael Collins Irish Bar

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Extremely friendly and efficient server/bartender. Even walked outside to show me the location of the nearest metro station. Food was as good as the service with good portion size and flavor. Great to grab a few beers after touring the neighborhood.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

An Irish owned pub with Irish staff. It was like walking into a pub back home. Irish food on the menu which was very good. Going back on Sunday to watch GAA.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

OK, I know it sounds crazy, I am from Dublin and have lived in Seattle for over 40 years and when my American born husband and I travel ANYplace in the world, we always visit an Irish pub when we see one. The Michael Collins is a great find if you are in Barcelona and yearning for a good pint of Guinness (really close to La Sagrada Familia area). Great athmosphere, delicious Guinness, good selection of Irish whiskys and Scotch, European sports on TV, friendly and sassy (in a good way) bartenders, especially Jenny from Glasgow. Although we didn't eat here, the food looked great. The building itself is a really great older building and a real step back in time. I would highly recommend this pub. They also have live music on the weekends.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

And not just coming from an Irish couple - brilliant craic - great food and the bar staff were super friendly. The toilets could do with an updating but the whole bar reminds me of Paeders in Derry, which gave it a bit of a homely feel. A good job in recreating true Irish culture abroad.