“Mixed feelings”

Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Sunday brunch, place is packed, good signal. Apparently the chef-owner is a cool guy from Australia, I can see him cooking, even better.
After that, 10 minutes to grab the attention of the waitress, 15 minutes to be seated, 10 to get the menus... Food is good but service has to improve a lot. Try the baked egg with chickpeas (moroccan style), amazing!

1  Thank Emma O
There are newer reviews for Caravelle

Reviewed December 1, 2013

basic decor, not the greatest ambiance but the food (french toast) and coffee were fabulous. English speaking oasis, which can be a welcome change when you don't speak Catalan or Spanish.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you like independent sourced, roasted and brewed coffee (ie flat white pre 2010 when coffee chains got on the band wagon)...you have a home in Barcelona. Caravelle has wifi (and a few laptop workers claro que si), great coffee and really good brunch style menu. We ordered the baked eggs (both moroccan and spanish style) and then went back another day for scrambled eggs with roasted roma tomatoes and pancetta. All good. Friendly staff. Your casa away from casa. Lovely big shared table by big front windows.

1  Thank JennyJones2008
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended to eat here for breakfast (although it only opens from 1030), the food and service were good and the prices reasonable.

The staff are mainly English and the owner is an Aussie and they gave us some good tips where to visit.

1  Thank SherrifRoscoe
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stumbled across this little restaurant when walking around Barcelona (it's located only a few roads away from La Rambla) and I'm so glad I did! I went at around lunchtime when it was pretty busy and was immediately drawn in by its friendly atmosphere and stylish simple decor. Customers range from other tourists to families and cool twenty-somethings - a nice mix!

I had a Caravelle Burger, which came with a generous portion of hand-cut chips. The burger was cooked to perfection and was really succulent. The chips were also good, and not the frozen oven-chips you get at many other restaurants in Barca! I also highly recommend getting a glass of lemonade - amazing on a hot day! The total for my meal came to about €13 which I felt was great value considering the size and quality of the meal.

Service was attentive and friendly (contrary to a few other reports I've just read below) - they're laid back, but I found it nice! It suited the restaurant to a tee.

All in all, it was a great meal - so good it's made my write my first review! If I'm ever back in Barcelona, I'd definitely be going again!

2  Thank MrPartyPants