“Brilliant hipster restaurant”

Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place is superb: great food, friendly service and a nice atmosphere. This is definitely hipster Barcelona at its core. When we visited it was super busy with people queuing up for brunch, but it was worth the wait. I had the burger, while my wife enjoyed a pasta, as we'd been touring the museums for hours already, but in the tables next to us people had lovely-looking omelettes and other breakfast staples. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We read about his place on trip advisor and am I glad we went.

Don't be put off by the basic cafe like appearance, the quality of the food more than makes up for the decor.

We were a large group of 15 and the laid back staff were so friendly and helpful in moving tables and chairs to accommodate us, but we had booked first.
A small menu but the food was outstanding, my steak with chorizo butter and triple cooked chips was one of the best I have ever tasted, and not one of the 15 of us had any complaints about the quality of the food.
It was reasonably priced and definately good value for money.

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Read about this cafe bar on Trip Advisor and wanting a change from tapas we went last night. It's just a stroll away from Las Ramblas. Lovely food and wine and really friendly service. My fried polenta with mushrooms and parmesan was delicious and as for the shaved cabbage salad!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stumbled in from the rain after checking the menu from the door. Attentive service and a very nice lunch - I had the asparagus risotto and my companion had a bread with horseradish, avocado, beetroot and bacon - all very tasty.

2  Thank MsKlimt
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went out in search of a quiet little place to have breakfast, and found this small cafe. It was clean and not too decorated, the menu was small but adequate for this kind of establishment. Dishes were made to order, and neither exceedingly large nor small. Everything was fresh and good tasting, and made a perfect start of the day. The french toast with fried banana, mascarpone and salted caramel is of the kind that makes you wonder if you should go to confession afterwards, as having it without committing the sin of gluttony is hardly conceivable. Consider yourselves warned. Let there be no doubt I´ll return if I ever visit Barcelona again.

1  Thank Thomas B