“Great food and hospitality!”

Ziryab Fusion Wine and Tapas Bar
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: Note that the restaurant is now located at Carrer dels Ases (see other listing). The bar is at Carrer de Grunyi and is a wonderful cocktail and Shisha Bar, where you can try some delicious cocktails - both classics and our own special blends... And lay back and enjoy the relaxation. There are some small snacks such as olives, cheese bites, flavoured dips with pitta or quality cheese and ham platters. You can try a fruit-flavoured water pipe, the hubby bubbly or Shisha - with the available flavours of apple, mint, grape, banana, melon, strawberry... And lots more flavours. You can also try it with a shot of anis in the water or slices of lemon to make it more refreshing, and countless other options and combinations to make yours a fun experience. Ziryab is a great place to go before going out to dinner, or perhaps after your meal! It's open late, has great music and a great vibe, is perfect for couples on a romantic date or for groups, and don't forget to check out the sister restaurant, Ziryab Tapas and Wines on Carrer dels Ases No 16, just a 4 minute walk away!
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Found this place while walking back from dinner to my hotel. Being of middle eastern background, the "lebanese" wines sign caught my eye. I took a peek in the restaurant and met the owner, Kate, and agreed to come back the following evening with some friends. Food was great. We sampled the a few of the items, as well as the Lebanese wines and beers. My favorite was the Baba Ganoush! The restaurant is cozy and has great stone walls and decor. The upper balcony is superb. Service was great. It became our favorite spot during our visit to Barcelona! Keep up the good work! Hasta la proxima vez! Anne-Marie

1  Thank Hazelnut48

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My friend and I were recommended Ziryab by a friend of ours. We went to check it out in the heart of Barcelona. The brick walled cosy restaurant gave a Moroccan/Arabic feeling as if I was in Aladdin's Tomb. The Mojito's seemed to be a mystery myth that my friend and I have heard and the mind blowing flavour was actually true. We watched the bar man Emlyn carefully make them and he spends a lot of time with his love and passion into the Mojitos. They were miles above any other cocktail's I have ever tried. There is something magic about Ziryab. Kate always had a big smile and made sure her customers were happy. The food was as delicious and we ended up ordering double the amount than we thought. The price was extremely good for the quality of everything and service. I cannot wait to return.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Cosy, comfy and hidden tapas bar. Food was very nice (though small choice) and interesting range of beer. Halloumi sticks imparticular we're delicious.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This place hasn't been open long so I think that they are still finding their feet a little. Its a tiny place as most places in the area are, but they kindly took our reservation for 7 of us as I really wanted to try it. Good take on traditional tapas and nice friendly service, we were a little squashed but this was no fault of the restuarant.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I wanted to celebrate my birthday in a new bar (for us) and chose Ziryab for its mezes and location. We had a wonderful time and look forward to making it a regular, after-work treat.
The owner, Kate, is a warm and attentive hostess. We're glad that we arrived early in the evening to be able to chat with her. All of Kate's staff were friendly.
We ordered 3 mezes, halloumi rollups, soup and baklava for desert. Order the soup! It was fantastic. As were the baklava. You must treat yourself to these items. The hummus, baba ganoush and rollups were good-- not so especially heavy on oil, which occasionally upsets my wife's stomach.
If you're looking for a cozy place in the Born to have an early drink and a few appetizers, try Ziryab.