“Lovely little Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stumbled across this restaurant one Friday lunch time, service was rather slow providing we were only us and one other couple when we arrived. However when we left it was jam packed full of locals. We had to keep reminding various waiting staff that we were still waiting for our drinks. The food arrived before we received our drinks but the Sangria was amazing, the best we have ever had.

My friends were vegetarian and went for the Margarita, it was a shame that they could not a basic classic dish right.

I had a delicious filling pasta dish and other friends enjoyed the Calzone

The restaurant was rather dark inside when you went down the stairs. It felt a waste sitting in the dark when it was a nice day outside but it was too windy to sit on the outside dining area.

Would definitely recommend this place!!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Well what can I say we read all the reviews before we went on our trip to Barcelona regarding this restaurant , and thought yes we definitely need to find , my husband printed of its location and the Monday during the day we decided to find it , so that we could go straight to it in the evening , after 2 hours of trying to locate it following the map , we stumbled on it quite by chance and was just about to give up ( how I wish we had ) . We sat outside and had a very welcome drink , the owner was very cheerful and following a conversation and telling her of our difficulties in finding the restaurant we showed her the map we had printed off Tripadvisor and it transpired that it was totally the wrong address and location , anyway we told her we would return later that day for a meal .
We arrived about 9 pm there was a family of six inside , obviously known to the owners but no one else , worrying already , we were taken down the restaurant and basically asked to choose a table as there were so many we sat down , was given a menu and left for 10 min , next the man ( ??? Partner ) Came to the table for drinks order ordered bottle house rosa , a beer , nd bottle of water , brought the wine opened it poured it , never offered either of us a taste left the bottle on the table , never offered wine bucket , one available opposite our table , offered an tapas of olives and rice dish it was ok but very bland , we ordered garlic bread to share , calzone for my husband and I ordered linguine seafood gambini The garlic bread had never seen any garlic it was like cardboard compleatly flavourless , the calzone had a egg inside which was completely under cooked slimy and raw , my linguine had tiny cheap shrimps , no flavour at all a tomato chopped up and just thrown on the top I could not honestly taste any form of olive oil at all , although the owners brought over chilli oil but even that could not save it , it was cold horrible . We left so disappointed we weren't charged for the linguine she said she would have a word with the chef as usually people enjoyed it , so we left wondering what went wrong and why our experience was such a contrast to other people , we are not fussy eaters or noble dinners just enjoy good homemade food , but did not get this here in fact it was without doubt the worst meal , service we have every had . And we have travelled far and wide . So if you do go good luck hopefully it might be better for you , Oh I did find it quite rude also that the quy was stood texting whilst stood at the side of customers .

1  Thank jackoSheffieldU_k
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I can't say enough fabulous things about this restaurant, Vanessa, the ambiance, and the food. All were amazing. They use only natural, high quality ingredients, so the pizza was literally the best we have EVER had, including in Italy (I recommend the Pizza Carbonara), the garlic bread was delicious, the drinks were pretty and tasty (especially the sangria), the pasta was incredible, and the tiramisu was also to die for. I want to go back to Barcelona just for this restaurant. Vanessa made us feel so welcome; she may be the friendliest person I've ever met. She was such a doll and took such great care of our group. We came back to eat here again two days later because it was so good the first time, and I ordered pasta to take home with me. Prices are great too.

1  Thank Tara P
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We (two couples) were walking back to our hotel from a visit to the Sagrada Familia church and found this restaurant. It was a Sunday afternoon and we were the first (but not the last) customers. We went back on Monday afternoon and the place was busy with local workers and residents.
A Romanian familiy runs it and makes excellent Italian food. They have some tables outside but the inside is very nice (although you have to duck to get through the door and then go down some steps). We had a variety of pizzas and salads on the two days. Prices were low for food and wine. The service was excellent and the owners daughter (who was the waitress on Sunday and hostess/waitress on Monday) was fun to talk with.

It's an easy restaurant to find from either the Sagrada Familia or La Pedrera, one of Gaudi's houses...it's a straight shot down Provenza from either of the sights.

1  Thank nimbin2006
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We found this little gem near where we stayed. A small door opens up to a high ceiling long dining room cosily decorated.
Food options were good, as was quality when it arrived. Prices were not bad too, paying just over 9€ for spaghetti carbonara and 12€ for pasta with plenty if seafood in garlic butter. We were the only diners in there on Monday night so service was quick.