“Very nice!”

Mercer Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #1 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for 7 nights. Very classy, elegant hotel in the middle of the Gothic area. Excellent location. Staff are amazing, very helpful and most speak English. Florencia and Emmanuel in concierge were awesome...always willing to help. This hotel has a homely feel which reminds me of the Portrait suites in Rome.
Only minor negatives were no gym, but the DIR gym was within 20 min walk, and the shower water temp was really lukewarm. I highly recommend this hotel with no reservations!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Iyabo O
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Dra.

I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your highly recomendation about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am very proud to hear that your stay with us was excellent. Thank you for your comments!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Mercer Hotel Barcelona

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just got back from a four night stay at this hotel. Can't fault it at all. Superior service and attention to detail. The hotel is spotlessly clean and smells amazing.

We stayed in a first floor room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard where breakfast was served. The room was a good size and married the contempory with the new seamlessly. The mini bar was always stocked with free cokes, waters and juices which we found invaluable when coming in from the hot weather. The beds are amazing, you will get a good night sleep here!

The hotel is ideally located in the Gothic quater and everything is a short walk away. We didn't try any of the resturants as we prefer to try and eat in local eateries but they did look good.

I would stay at this hotel again, it was my oasis in the middle of Barcelona!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amber H

Dear Sir / Madam,

As General Manager of the hotel, I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your comments about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

I am very proud to know that your stay with us was brilliant. All the Mercer Staff works to provide our guests with the best memorable stay possible. I am glad to know that we have achieved with you.

Thank you for your comments!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The place is capital-A classy. Well decorated, carefully designed and curated, well appointed with very friendly staff. It is a Very Nice hotel if that's what you're looking for. (We paid 710 euros for two nights in July.) It's also in a tremendous neighborhood, far enough away from La Rambla to avoid the noise and tomfoolery.

But every little thing costs a lot of money. Breakfast is 25 or 30 euros. The bartender on the roof told me that the entry level price for a cocktail would be 14 euros, and it wasn't clear he was familiar with the cocktail I wanted.

Fortunately, the neighborhood is packed with great eats and drinks, so we took advantage to get out of the room and enjoy the more affordable, more focused offerings of the rest of the gothic and born neighborhoods. As a result, what the hotel actually had on offer to someone without a fire in their wallet felt pretty bare bones.

On the rooms, they're quite nice if not spacious, but they carry noise incredibly. Our neighbors could hear my wife knock on our door better than I could. And I had trouble sleeping through a loud dripping noise in the plumbing both nights (which only ceased around 3am last night). Finally, I'm pretty sure most wives wont appreciate the incredibly skinny toilet seat surrounding the huge basin. All of these just seem like obvious knocks against a hotel priced similarly to some of the world's most esteemed, relatively flawless properties.

The experience didn't justify the price. We're currently staying at Casa Camper for a little over half the price and have been blown away by the amenities, in comparison.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank why_hello_thar
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Sir,

I want to tell you that I am deeply sorry for all the inconvenience that you suffered in your stay with us.

After I e-mailed you, I am trying to understand what happened with the noise in your room. I checked the planes of the plumbing and I can not understand it. The only possibility that I found it is with de vertical garden but the system of irrigation is a drip system with is not noisy and do not work by the night.

I deeply apologize for all the inconvenience that we can cause in your stay. I can assure you that the feedback of my guests is very important for me and I am looking all the time the possibility to improve. The only that I can say to you is that I never received a complaint before about noise in this room and if a problem which is new I want to solve it.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I found this hotel based on the reviews from Trip advisor and the fact that is was rated #1 for Barcelona. Boy am I glad I followed this advice. I can't say enough about this amazing hotel. First off, the location. We were able to walk EVERYWHRE from the hotel. Shopping, sightseeing, the market, and great restaurants all around. The staff totally went out of their way to accommodate us with anything that we asked for. When we returned at night, it felt like we were coming home and were greeted with warm smiles. They remembered where we were headed when we left and asked about our evening when we returned. The hotel's architecture is stunning and has a really cool vibe to it with lots of history. The rooms were unique and stylish. Really enjoyed the roof top terrance for an evening cocktail before heading out to dinner. The only regret we have is that we were there for just one night. Will defiantly stay longer next time. Thanks Hotel Mercer for making the start of our girls trip through Europe a fabulous stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Misty J
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Madam,

As General Manager of the hotel, I want to personally thank you for your enthusiastic review about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

I am glad to know that your stay with us was great. I hope next time you visit Barcelona you have more time to stay with us. Many thanks for your comments!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Location: perfect. Close to metro, via Laietana, Ramblas, beach. In barri gotic, the ancient/gothic section of town with very narrow streets and tiny stores and establishments. You are smack in the middle of the action and most interesting part of the city, yet removed from crowded/loud streets by a few crucial steps. There are pharmacias, tapas restaurants, great bars, gelato and coffee within a 1 minute walk of the hotel, most of these right on the block.

Property: immaculate, warm, functional. A mix of very old and very new, done simply and tastefully. Pool on the roof, gastronomic restaurant in the lobby. The restaurant is expensive, especially for breakfast, but you can walk to many cafes (and even a diner) within 2 minutes and save a lot of money. Don't let the high prices make you think it will be stuffy or formal, the vibe of the hotel is comfort and quality without any pretense.

Rooms: outstanding. Good size for city hotel - about 30m2. Great bedding, great walk-in shower with plenty of hot water and pressure. Bathroom is open concept but no issues, not even for teenage kids (1 boy and 1 girl) who managed to coexist peacefully with the setup in their room. The wifi is free and decent throughout the hotel. The AC is good. Even a free minibar.

Service: world class. Always available (even late night and early morning) and eager to help, from beach towels to dinner reservations to power converters to airport transfers to local information. Only possible ding was their rooftop bartenders who were apparently the only people in Barcelona who didn't know how to pour a proper cocktail and spent way too long trying. Be sure to have drinks next door at Bootleg cafe instead.

Summary: a truly great hotel and worth every euro.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank HankF99

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing with us your comments about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am very proud to know that your stay with us was great. I take note about all your comments to try to improve it.

Many thanks for your comments!

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2014

located in the old city and conveniently close to all main attractions, the tapas restaurant was very good. Our suite was spacious and elegant and we had great views from our window.
staff -very happy and helpful and overall we had a great stay.
it is true we didn't spend too much time indoor, but everything was comfortable and well apointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing with us your excellent review about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am glad to know that your stay with us was great. Next time I hope you have more time to stay indoor. Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

All around excellent hotel! Top notch! Location, ambiance, accommodations, food/drink, service & warm hospitality were all quite fabulous! The most comfortable beds ever! EXCELLENT! So comfortably designed with great taste. Understated modern luxury in the heart of the oldest most romantic part of town. Easily accessible to all. The most lovely and warm staff made our stay a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank recnyc

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for sharing with us and with our future guests your excellent stay in the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am very glad to hear that your stay with us was Muy Excelente!. For all the staff of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona our guests are the most important and we try to provide him with the best hospitallity services possibles. I am very proud to know that succeeded with you.

Thank you for your comments!