Mercer Hotel Barcelona
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
$305
$140
Alma Barcelona(Barcelona)
$321
  • Pool
NH Barcelona Barri Gotic(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$194
$166
  • Fitness center
Hotel Ciutat de Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$269
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
$334
$323
  • Pool
Capri by Fraser Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$202
1,465 results
All reviewsgothic quarterroman wallle bouchonjuan manueltapas barnarrow streetsbeautiful hotelspecial hotelguest relationsrooftop deckconcierge staffjunior suitethe entire staffinner courtyardbreakfast was deliciousrestaurant recommendationsbarri gotic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We just returned from several days of pure luxury. Everything and everyone exude quality. Many places try to handle all the little things but here's a hotel that excels in those finer points. Even the interior and architectural design are outstanding. - an amazing blending of Roman, Medieval and modern

From our initial reception, to service in the restaurant and pool and throughout our stay, we always felt like VIPs.

We were even able to have a masseuse come to our room for afternoon treatments with little to no warning.

The pool deck is small but totally appropriate for the size of the hotel. It felt like something that you could have on a roof top if you had a penthouse condominium. The bartenders were all terrific offering custom drinks to ensure you received what you wanted. There was a vodka on the shelf I never saw and was interested so I asked if I could taste a bit. Well it was a generous pour so much that I shared some with my wife. And here' what is surprising, there was no charge. What other place would do this? Really, the entire time we all felt as though everyone was there to take care of us, despite being there with a full hotel.

There are many places to eat in the City but do make sure you find time to eat here.

We can't wait to return and when we do, it will absolutely be at the Hotel Mercer!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim B
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your enthusiastic comments about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am very glad to hear that your stay with us was great. Thank you for your comments and for your support!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at the Mercer Barcelona based on the rave reviews and Traveler "Hot List".
The hotel is in a great location in the Barri Gothic section and next to the Born, two of the best areas to be in for the restaurants, cafes, sightseeing etc.The hotel design is contemporary and appealing in contrast to the old architecture in the Barri Gothic. The staff was excellent, especially the concierge staff who were very helpful with directions, reservations etc.The downside to staying at this hotel and why we wouldn't return are the room amenitites :the lighting in the room was terrible, the bedside lights are not practical if you want to read, the light at the small desk was dim, and the lighting in the bathroom was insufficient, down bed pillows were worn out.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jacky L

Dear Madam,

I want to personally thank you for sharing your comments. As General Manager, I express my disappointment for all the inconveniences suffered.

I can assure you that the feedback of our guests is very important for us. The bed lighting comment has been expressed in some ocasions and for this reason we have taken the action of placing additional bed lamps for reading.

Regarding the pillows, we do indeed have different pillows selection that we offer when requiried.

I apologize for not having met your expectations. I trust we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed at this lovely hotel with my family of four. From the moment we arrived in the taxi we were treated with 5 star service. The doorman and concierge greeted us when we arrived and instantly made us feel welcome. Both rooms that we stayed in were lovely. We were even pleasantly surprised to have one room upgraded to a junior suite. This room was even larger with a private terrace and rooftop garden with loungers and a table. Our stay was highlighted with a special event gourmet dinner in their restaurant. The food was amazing! I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Barcelona! It's location within the Gothic area added to its charm! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jennifer H

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for sharing with us and with our future guests your excellent stay on the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am very proud to know that your stay with us was great.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2014

i go Barcelona often and usually i like to try new hotel for every visit , so took this recommendation from friend , while we were driving to hotel i was like where ru we going to ?

small street , anyway i checked in and i went to the room and it was heaven!!! this is piece of part you gonna stay in !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Spoow

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your "BOMB!" stay on the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am glad to know that your stay with us was great and which now you have a new hotel for your next visit to Barcelona.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel was hard to find in the beginning as it is hidden within the old walls in one of the small little streets. Despite that, the very welcoming service you get the moment you reached the hotel doors make us feel we made the right choice. A cosy hotel where everyone recognizes us and always on hand when we need help.

The hotel staff from guest relations to the porter is always there to help with recommendations, reservations, and anything we may need help on. This is by far a most comfortable stay, exceeding the services usually expected at a regular corporate hotel. Perhaps this is why they are so well rated.

Overall, we loved our stay here and would not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EdHeinlein

Dear Sir,

I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your stay on the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I want tell you that all the staff works to provide the best hospitality services possible. I am glad to know that your stay with us was very good.