Mercer Hotel Barcelona
  • Restaurant
$217
$195
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$139
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
$240
$215
1,464 results
All reviewsgothic quarterroman wallle bouchonjuan manueltapas barnarrow streetsbeautiful hotelspecial hotelguest relationsrooftop deckconcierge staffjunior suitethe entire staffinner courtyardbreakfast was deliciousrestaurant recommendationsbarri gotic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise that began and ended in Barcelona. We decided to stay an extra day there before flying home and stayed at the Mercer. The hotel was hard to find but once there we were very pleased. You can see the historic walls incorporated beautifully into the contemporary style if the hotel. The room we had was very large, bright and clean. The service was amazing. From the staff at the restaurant where we had breakfast to the front desk who went out of their way to help us find s good place to eat (it was Sunday and most of the really good restaurants in the area were closed). It was within walking distance to the beautiful Barcelona Cathedral and many other sites. I hope to stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank StephNDev711
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Mrs. ms95,

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona is really marvelous for me when our guests tell us "The service was amazing" and "I hope to stay again!". This is the most important for us and our reason to be.

Best wishes!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had an unforgettable stay at the Mercer. I hesitate to describe the treatment we received there, in case everyone expects it as standard... My wife and I were staying in Barcelona with friends, but I took the opportunity to surprise her by booking us into the hotel for the night of our wedding anniversary. In the event, the surprise was on both of us, as we were upgraded to the finest suite in the hotel - a gesture of incredible thoughtfulness and generosity. From that point on, everything about our stay was perfect, from the relaxed but fine dining lunch we enjoyed on the inner courtyard, to the surprise gift of quality Cava and home-made chocolates that were left in our room after an afternoon by the pool on the rooftop terrace. The hotel itself is tastefully designed and furnished; the staff were all incredibly warm, helpful, and attentive without being overbearing. The reception manager who looked after us made us feel very special in a VIP kind of way without any stuffiness or faux-grandeur. This hotel represents consummate professionalism and discrete class, as experienced by us in their personalised attention. My wife felt like a queen without the pomp; she noticed every detail, from the herbs in the vertical garden to the china used to serve breakfast. The Mercer made our anniversary memorable in every possible way.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Robert C
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Mr. Robert C,

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona I'm really happy for you about the "Incredible Experience" that you and your wife lived at the hotel. Is really blissful for us get that our guests are completely satisfied.

Thank you so much for yours reviews and Congratulations for the Wedding Anniversary.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Delightful new hotel in the Gothic Quarter, stunningly built into the ancient Roman wall in the city. Very friendly staff, all with excellent English. Great terrace on roof with bar. Easy access to port and central city on foot. Very safe area at night, with plenty of restaurants and bars. Our bedroom was slightly quirky in design, in that it was open plan, apart from the loo. Would prefer something bit more traditional, with a shower and sink enclosed in a large bathroom. Worth noting that not all rooms have baths.

Room Tip: Views are not really an option because of where the hotel is in a narrow alleyway
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank John C
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Mr. John C,

Thank you very much for your comments,

I say always the same when our guests talk about the staff of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona but is true I feel really proud about them, they try to help always.

About the design of the room I take a note.

Thanks a lot for your reviews,

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was enormously impressed with the Mercer. The location is stunning being nestled in amongst the old narrow streets of the Barri Gotic and the quality of finish to the whole place is outstanding. The hotel exudes quality but, unlike some other places I have stayed, it comes without the pretentiousness. The staff were universally friendly and relaxed whilst also being on hand for anything you might need. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and I am not usually driven to write reviews but it was worth every penny. Don't even get me started on the bed - the best nights sleep I've had in years!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank Matthew C
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Matthew,

We are really grateful about your reviews "I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and I am not usually driven to write reviews but it was worth every penny".

Thank you very much for your comments they help us to improve every day.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed in the Mercer Hotel from Friday the 31st May to 2nd of June, and it was a little peace of heaven! Although it is in the middle of the City in the Gothic Quarter, you walk in and it's quiet and relaxing immediately. The staff cannot do enough for you and the terrace on the roof where the sun beds and pool are is great for relaxing after a hard day site seeing. The rooms are spacious, the beds very comfortable and shower good.
The Hotel is in a perfect location, in easy walking distance of The Ramblas and the Beach/Harbour. The metro is very nearby so easy to hop on and go to the Cathedral and Gaudi Parc.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, my only negative is that the person that ordered the toilet seats never sat on them! as they are really uncomfortable and cut into your legs (but this is a small price to pay to stay at this hotel, it just makes you quick!)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon G
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Mrs. Sharon,

I need to say you another time that thank you so much for your comments!!, they help us to improve.

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona I feel really proud when one of our guests say us: “Fabulous Hotel with exceptional service.”

Thanks a lot and we hope see you soon.