My partner and I stayed 3 nights at Mercer Hotel Barcelona (14-17.9.). It was open since one week.
- The architecture is very nice and welcoming, although you don’t get the impression entering a boutique hotel (rather entering a museum of modern art, or a private bank)
- Staff was helpful at all times, albeit not always very effective or professional.
- We were under the impression that everyone was trying its best, but we clearly missed the guiding hand of a general manager, tying the loose ends together and telling people what they needed to do. This impression was confirmed when we sent the general manager a feedback-Email, but never got a reply.
- First impression: beautiful and impressive with its high-ceilings. Bathroom also thoughtfully arranged with the rest of the room.
- Room 206 had no working mini-bar nor a pol to hang our cloths. When we came back from our dinner, we were therefore told we could change to room 106.
- Room 106 had no working mini-bar either and it was empty. We were also missing some complementary water (which usually is available in 5 star hotels). There was no waste-bin (neither in the room nor in the bathroom). The drawers in the cupboard need refitting after first use.
- We missed beach towels with a beach-bag in the room.
Room service: We waited about one hour to get two glasses with ice and a bottle opener (also missing in the room).
Gym: We were missing a gym.
Bar: we had nice tapas and wine. Service was slow, but friendly.
Restaurant: we did not eat there and we also had no breakfast (at EUR 30/Persons it is too highly priced).
Terrace: there is no phone to order from room service; no bin in the toilets.
In a nutshell: We usually stay at five star boutique hotels when travelling abroad. This time however we are unsure whether we got the right value for the price we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This architectural marvel is located in the heart of Barcelona's Gothic quarter on mythic Calle Lledó, just a short distance from the Plaza de Sant Jaume. It not only represents the splendour of the old Julia Augusta Flaventina Paterna Colony, in what was then the Roman city of Barcino, but is also an archaeological gem that combines past and present, the monumental and the latest design. Now travellers can enjoy the greatest hotel comforts in the heart of old Barcelona, with exclusive views of the dome of the church of Santa María del Mar, the basilica of San Just i Pastor, and the Cathedral. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mercer Hotel Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercer Hotel Barcelona Catalonia