“Don't understand the hype”
Review of Pudding Barcelona

Pudding Barcelona
Ranked #1,536 of 9,540 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Pudding Family LTD. is based in Barcelona and founded by one single owner. By the philosophy of Eat + Play + Think Pudding is defined as being the new Generation of Coffee Shops oriented towards families and children. It operates in a very different way from traditional coffee shops. Pudding was created with the concept of providing three different and complementary services in a single location that finds a strong response from its customers. The founder has a literary academic background that allowed her to bring to the business the savoir - faire and quality of creating workshops for children in conjunction with the UNESCO program. Her passion for food, her quirky sense of style and the energy to think out of the box have set the basis for Pudding’s unique business model. Pudding is Eat+Play+Think: it is the New Generation of Coffee shop though and build to create an environment full of opportunities to family, kids and to people with interest. Pudding offers 3 major services in an single creative space: Pudding Eat is full of taste with its home bake natural pies and cakes without forgetting the best brunch in town. Pudding Play creates authentic birthdays parties where mind,fun and theme scenery meets together. Pudding Think is just made to give kids' mind knowledge and interest.
Paris, France
“Don't understand the hype”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went into this restaurant and felt really unwelcome from the get go. I'm not even the sensitive type- I understand that places get busy and not everyone can be given star treatment. However, the servers were so unfriendly and the coffee and tea were painfully mediocre and costly. Cute decor, but there are far better places in Barcelona that give good service and better prices.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Eccentric, offbeat and beguiling”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

There is (maybe) a connection here to the famous Catalan chef Carme Ruscalleda, the only female chef in the world to be awarded 6 Michelin stars, who began her career and continues in a small restaurant in Sant Pol, up the coast from Barcelona. Now, the guy behind the counter in Pudding told us he was her brother and that's why the food was all home made and tasted so good. But I don't know. He seemed vague and smiled a lot. It doesn't really matter. Either way, the story works for this place. It's like entering a parallel universe. The first section is all pastel colors and French chairs and it could be Paris. Then you go through into a draped ceiling and English parlor kind of scene and, down the back, on a lower level there is a games and books room with computers set up and a play area for kids. It doesn't feel like Barcelona but, then again, it doesn't feel quite like anywhere, outside of fairy tails. The menu is equally eclectic but all good. Mainly pies, salads and tortilla. Unfortunately the sandwiches are boring, as is the case in Barcelona generally. Cakes are not the Catalan's forte either but here it is different. If you want good cake, this is the place. Afternoon tea anyone?

• Visited November 2012
Barcelona, Spain
“Interesting place but also with interesting prices”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My boyfriend took me to Pudding the other day and I must say it was nice to see a different café, with special atmosphere, interesting decoration and all. When we got there, the place was totally full. There were two men playing chess on one of the tables, two girls studying, at the back of the café there is a playground for kids and as far as I know, the cafe organizes events for children which is nice. There were few things that surprised me in a good and in a bad way too. First things was that the place was so crowded but it was not noisy at all ! It was creating the atmosphere of: I wanna have a good chat with a friend. Our coffee was served in lovely cups which even added to the overall impression of the place. The first disappointment was that when we had to wait for our table and even though there were few places free, we have been told that they are reserved (no signs?), the second was when one waitress told the other: The reservation was cancelled at that table, nobody told you about it? (I worked in restaurants, never do that in front of customers .. -.-) There were two more girls waiting at the bar to take a seat which meant that they could had been already enjoying their coffee/tea if it weren't for mis-communication between the stuff. The third one was that when our cakes arrived, they were really delicious BUT small portions! The girls who were sitting at our table got bigger pieces, so I guess it means you have to find a waitress who cuts bigger chunks... For two coffees and two cakes we paid 11 euros which I think is too much! Especially when our pieces were so small. They were delicious but small. I will go back there, but definitely not so often as I would like, otherwise I will have to break into my piggy bank savings :)

• Visited January 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“All that was missing was the Mad Hatter”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This place is so unique! We stumbled across it our last night in Barcelona, which was lucky for us because we would have visited every night since it was only a 5 minute walk from our hotel. The decor is very vivid and makes you feel as if you're in an Alice in Wonderland cafe. The service was slow, but we weren't in a rush as we were enjoying the atmosphere and delicious cake. If I had any disappoinment, it would be that while our server was getting our drinks, another came and plated all of the carrot cake, one slice of which we had ordered. The server looked a little worried as to how we would respond, but there were so many other options that it wasn't even a problem. This is a must do while in Barcelona, just remember that you're there to relax and not feel rushed. Enjoy the fact the servers aren't rushing you out the door.

• Visited December 2012
East Sussex
“You have to try!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Amazing decor,friendly staff and fantastic food! We ate here for lunch I had the amazing Spanish omelette and my friend a very gooey chocolate brownie!
All of it you have to try!

Visited November 2012