“Great location and nicely decorated rooms”

Vasanta Hotel Boutique
Ranked #7 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The service is great. The rooms are clean and nice. It's a very intimate B&B but you honestly won't get to meet your 'housemates'. It's close to nearly everything, including the theatre where you are likely to meet your tour guides as the meeting point.

We loved Barcelona. The proximity of this to the top end of La Ramblas - where the more luxurious shopping are, is great. Gaudi's buildings are also close by.

We weren't particularly impressed with the 1st room we were put in (not on website), and they were very happy to move us into another room on the second (i.e. purple classic room). I like that they are that accommodating.

Room Tip: If you don't like your room, don't be afraid to ask for a swap.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alicia X
There are newer reviews for Vasanta Hotel Boutique

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel is perfectly located only 100 meters away from Urquinaona metro station and 2 blocks away from the Catalunya square therefore, most of the main attractions were in walking distance. The lady at check in was very friendly and helpful and gave me directions, places to visit etc., fast free wi-fi. The room was very clean and comfortable, felt like staying at home. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room with the terrace is perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PIYAMIN
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed at Vasanta for two nights in June. The hotel is perfectly located an easy 5 minute walk from Catalunya square and the airport bus. It is spotlessly clean, modern, spacious and with an extremely comfy bed. The only thing I didn't like was not having a hotel frontage or reception desk as it can feel a bit daunting when you first arrive that you aren't going to be able to get in!!

I had arrived in Barcelona early morning from Australia after travelling for over 26 hours and even though my room was not ready and well before check in time they let me into my room to have a shower before heading out which was a life saver! The lady at check in was very friendly and helpful and gave me directions etc.There is fast free wi-fi.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again. If it had a full time reception desk would be perfect!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank davepuddy
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed April 9th for 2 nights at the Vasanta Hotel Boutique with my dad to watch the Barcelona - PSG game. The location of the hotel is perfect as well the property itself is great. Very clean and comfortable rooms. The fact that they do not serve breakfast dit not bother me a lot as there is many good places around to start the day. Great value for money and definitely recommended. However, what I appreciated most is that I found out back home that I left an (expensive) pair of trousers in the room. I called the hotel and they told me that the cleaning staff accidentally threw it away. After genuinly apologizing they offered to refund me the full amount of the (new) value of the pants. Three days later the amount landed on my account. Thank you Vasanta for your empathy and great customer service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PatrickBluek
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed in room #7 - Tecomella for 7 nights in end of May, 2013. Overall, I am happy with our stay and I think it was a good bargain. I may stay at this hotel again.

Pros:
1. The location is great. It is just 2 blocks away from Plaça de Catalunya. Therefore, most of the main attractions were in walking distance. Besides, there is a little market right next to the hotel.
2. Usually, tourists staying in Barcelona complain about noise and not being able to sleep properly at night because of noise. I believe, Vasanta is situated in the optimum area where it is near enough to walk to main attractions but far enough to sleep without any street noise. There was absolutely no noise at night. The hotel was quiet and serene.
3. Our room was clean, modern and stylishly decorated. The ceilings were high and this made the room look bigger. The room was cleaned and our towels were changed everyday.
4. We actually booked for the classic room (#4 - Orquidea Purpura) without any terrace. Since that room was not vacant, they upgraded us to a better room with a terrace (#7 - Tecomella) without charging us the price difference.
5. WiFi was working flawlessly, the signal was good.

Cons:
1. There is no 24/7 reception. I would advise you to send an e-mail in advance to notify the reception about your check-in and check-out times.
2. The shower, toilet and lavatory were scattered to three different corners of the room. The positioning of these amenities was awkward and a little inefficient. But still, you get used to it after a couple of days. I think the other rooms were more normal. This case might be specific to our room, only.
3. I would appreciate a kettle and a larger, more comfortable bed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Meltem G
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed in this lovely place 9 nights before a cruise and one night at the Inglaterra hotel after the cruise just in case I got it wrong the first time around. I should have stayed at the Vasanta both times! This place certainly certainly has a wow factor. As soon as go through the big carved wooden door of the entrance to the hotel your jaw drops at the appointments in the common area. The room it itself is very modern with a huge shower area and separate toilet. We had a terrace and enjoyed a nice wine after the days activities. The bed was comfortable and there was a large screen TV. They are building another 9 rooms on the floor above so there is some noise during the day time. Upon completion they will have a reception area. However you are left with contact deatils.They were very obliging some special requests we had. The position of the hotel was excellent close to Place de Catalunya. Take some to explore the local amenties. There is a large supermarket across the road with a discrete entrance. There is an ATM near the supermarket entrance which does not charge a fee. The Caxia one near the entrance to the hotel charges a fee and would only give me 150 Euros. Bra cafe across the road has great coffee.Highly recommended pace to stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Howard K
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Perfect location, which was safe and close by to the metro and tourist districts. The room size was great (most of our time was spent out and about but was nice to come back to great amenities and a quite room). The terrace was double glazed so none of the noise was let in but we left it open some of the time due to the enjoyment of watching and listening to the hustle and bustle around us.

We didn't see many other staff (as others have said it isn't manned full time) but were greeted by a generous doorman who spoke no English whatsoever but was determined to explain to me not to leave the gps of the scooter locked in the bike seat but to bring it with me, and had hilarious exchanges with the cleaner (Manolo) who tried teaching us Catalan and made sure we had everything we needed.

This place really set a high bar right from the outset of a holiday that started in Barcelona and I couldn't recommend it highly enough for people who don't want to be in an over touristy area of Barca but still want to be able to walk to the Sagrada Familia, shops, restaurants, Park Guell etc.

Gràcies Vasanta Hotel.