“Great base for a beach stay in Barcelona”
Living room, Wifi, Cable, Btooth HiFi, sunny terrace with sea views, 2 sofas (200x140cm HQ sofa-bed) Living room, dining room, terrace exit at the end of the space. Carefully chosen antiques and design
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Living Room
Living Room
Tv (International channels), Blu-ray, Hi-Fi with bluetooth connection, cd/dvd collection. Antiques
Main couch, which is a high quality sofa-bed. Decoration combines antiques and design pieces
Dining area next to the living room
Living room with two comfortable couches, even couch covers are tailor-made, best quality linen
Linen in the apartment combines tailor made with best quality textiles, leather and hand made carpet
Detail of an auxiliar design lamp
Detail of the lamp above the table
Furniture detail (dining area)
Detail of antiques carefully chosen for the living room floor, enjoy the shapes, textures and colour
The Master Bedroom
Master bedroom general view, with combined antique and design furniture
The Master Bedroom
Master bedroom with the office area. Perfect wifi in all the apartment.
Office area in Master bedroom. Various Barcelona, Catalonia books. Enjoy the Impressive Guest Guide!
The Queen Bedroom
Second Bedroom with double-bed. Antiques and design. An individual bed can be added on demand
Second Bedroom with double-bed. Every detail, lamp, furniture, house linen, is carefully chosen
Second bedroom with two beds (double plus individual), added at no cost. Also HQ sofa-bed in living.
Kitchen
Big kitchen, perfectly equipped, even with table. All necessary electros, everything best quality
Kitchen
Kitchen office. Splendid welcome pack, and the owner personal service has been tripadvisor awarded!
Even in the kitchen you find antiques that have been carefully chosen
Kitchen
Bathroom with shower/bath tube. Even first aid kit, couture/sewing kit, hair dryer...all details
Terrace
The romantic terrace with five chairs, is intimate and you have some sea views from it
Terrace view, you can see the sea, steps away, which is behind the white building in same block
Terrace
Home Entrance
Entrance
Parking
Elevators
Street
Some Master Bedroom details
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Spanish first
Any
Noni F
“Comfortable but a bit far out of town.”
Reviewed October 12, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

10 min walk to metro and at least 10 minutes on metro to the major Barcelona sights. Beach close by - 5 to 10 minute walk. New neighbourhood which was "sterile" and lacking in "atmosphere".
Clean and well-equipped.
Friendly host, but too much information, especially on just arriving - Took 40 minutes to get in the front door and we were pretty tired.
Very quiet, very secure, and includes carparking.
Not good if you want to be central to all the sights, but good if you need to park a car, want peace and quiet, and want to be near a beach.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet, comfortable and well-equipped
Liked least: Too far out of town and too much information.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Management Response
Dec 10, 2014
First of all, many thanks for having chosen my apartment for your stay in Barcelona and for your kindness during your stay.
Also thanks for your review, I expected a 5 stars one like all the ones I've previously had...but after more than 70 five-stars in several websites, one day it had to happen...although I don't understand why you rate only 3 stars when between the nine specific indicators, you rate the apartment 5 stars in 4 of them, 4 stars in another 4 of them, and 3 stars in only 1.
I hope my comments together with yours help future guests to have all the information they might need.
You comment positively about a friendly host, for which I thank you.
Usually guests would appreciate me coming to see them personally maybe four or five times during their stay, as I made with you, offering even to take you (at no cost) to a ride through the city or surroundings, and sending some e-mails to check that you were right and needed nothing, but probably it was opposite for some reason with you... I think that you needed more rest and you would have prefered me simply not coming, sorry for that...maybe you should have told me.
You comment that you had «too much information». Well, I think one of my strenghts (and for which I've had so many positive reviews and received the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence) is the service I provide to my guests, which is unique...that is in part because I do my best to explain guests upon arrival everything, and I keep in touch with them during their stay.
This starts with the apartment door, with explanation of the location of most useful services, like closest supermarkets, recommended restaurants, shopping mall, prepare food, rubbish and recycling, the lovely «Rambla de Poblenou» and «Plaça Prim», which are walking distance from the apartment...
This takes about half an hour and if explained from upstairs it's not so easily understood, as it's hard to locate yourself when just arrived to a new place....
After that if the guest wish I continue explaining everything about the apartment when upstairs, and about main area and city atractions..., and as the apartment has an impressive self-made city guide with all area and city atractions, I like to comment it briefly when upstairs as is a great tool...but I come next day if you are too tired at that moment, if it's necessary and possible for both...my excuses if I didnt' realize you were too tired for that, but neither did you tell me
... just what for you as you were feeling too tired in that moment has been the reason for a negative comment, is considered for most of the people an exceptional service...
On the other hand, you comment that the area has «lack of atmosphere». Well, to me the location of this apartment is a great advantage. It's located in the brand new and luxury quarter «Diagonal Mar». This is at Sant Martí District, which by the way is the district next to Ciutat Vella (the old town).
Everyone considers this area the city center, as it takes, as you have commented, around 20 minutes (6 underground stations plus the short walk to the underground) just to arrive, door to door, to the Cathedral, just as an example.
The apartment is located at a beachfront block, with some sea views from the terrace, and you only have to walk down the corner and cross a street to be in the sand of the beach, so in Barcelona you can hardly be closer to the sand than here. Of course you have to cross a road as this is a big city and not a small coast town, and might take 5 minutes to arrive to the sand from the apartment door...but again it's not possible in Barcelona being closer to the beach than here!.
You have to understand if you come to Barcelona, that it's a big city, which means it's impossible to be walking distance to all atractions...like in NY you would not be able to be staying walking distance 10 minutes to the Empire state, Liberty statue, MOMA and Central park... you will have to move around to visit things.
You have to choose one of the areas, and try to be well communicated with the others. I.e. if you stay at the Sagrada Familia, then you are far away from the beach, and Poblenou area, but...I suppose you will only go to visit the Sagrada Familia one day...is it worth staying there then?. Diagonal Mar district is newer and more classy...and luxury than more traditional areas, being very close.
The Old town has for some people more «atmosphere», and you will find lots of atractions in a 10 minutes walk if you stay there, but from my apartment you can still go there in just 10 minutes more, and in exchange, the area here is brand new, with modern architecture around, ecologic automatic trash system inside the building, wifi...you have a secure parking in the same building, elevator, air conditioning...and that's nearly impossible in the old town...apart from the fact that the apartment decoration, linen and electros are unusually new and high quality and exactly as appear in the webpage description and pictures, as the apartment has been renewed this 2014 summer.
Also the Diagonal Mar area is a lot safer than other centric areas like the old town, and not noisy at all, if you had chosen another area, maybe after some restless nights you would be looking forward to having came here, (I've had sometimes guests moving from other areas to my apartment because their apartment was so noisy they couldn't sleep, or they didn't like seeing young teenagers throwing out at night in a pub of their street when they arrived home, even losing big part of their previous stay money)!.
So I have to say I disagree about your considerations about the area, but it's all relative...
Yes it is a new development area with some skyscrapers and office/hotel buildings, but it's luxury and in less than 200 meters distance from the apartment door (some just in front of the apartment or next to it) you have about 16 bars/ restaurants, supermarket, fruit shop, grocery, several hotels, banks..., and just a little bit further walking distance (10 to 15 minutes) you have the charming Rambla Poblenou and Plaça Prim, if you are looking for some traditional architecture and atmosphere...and opposite side same distance you have the biggest shopping mall in Barcelona with the skyscrapers of the Forum area and its new arquitecture!. So this is in the middle of both!.
After all, to avoid any possible misunderstandings, you receive the apartment address when inquirying so you can google street view it if you wish.
Also distance to the underground is three blocks but I find that pretty close (again, it's not possible to have underground exactly at the beachfront because of construction costs, but you cannot be just next to everything, if the apartment was located at the underground door, then you would be three blocks far from the beach, and apartment location would be not as good, as it's a much nicer being at the beachfront than a bit further but next to the underground).
By the way regarding transport, yes indeed not only underground is only three blocks away, also bus stop is less than 50 meters from the apartment door, and the hop on-hop off bus is just next to it..., I suppose there is a reason for the tourist bus stopping just next to the apartment!.
Real estate prizes in the Diagonal Mar area are double than in the Old town, in example, which means local people (who are supposed to be the experts about the city) think that this area is a lot better for living...
But of course after all everything is relative, what for some people are advantadges for others are disadvantadges...
Regarding information before arrival, which is the only indicator that you rated 3 stars:
In my answer to your first inquiry I did include the apartment address, the approximate taxi time and cost from airport (around 30-35€ and minutes) as it's the best way of transport to the apartment, indications for public transport if you decide to use that.
Please remember I even sent you after your inquiry a pdf file with google maps of the apartment area, the apartment block picture with exact location of the apartment, and another pdf of a map with concrete location of some of main services next to the apartment. Do you know any other owner who does this?.
Later, with confirmation email I resent the address, and in your case I even explained for the couple who were sharing the apartment with you and coming by car, the highway they would be using and the exit they had to take at the highway to reach the apartment, even with google street maps link image attached!.
Unfortunately the driving couple got lost on arrival and arrived late (maybe they lost around 15 minutes near the apartment and was hard for us to meet them as was dark night time), but I don't think that was due to lack of information, honestly I don't know any other owner who sends similar level of detailed information as I do.
I was at the apartment personally before your and the other couple arrival, although they were coming before you and it was late at night, to make sure they knew how to park and everything was fine, when most property owners would have simply given you the keys and explain it to you...
Again many thanks for having chosen me, and for your kindness, please accept my excuses for any misunderstanding or excess of care!
Also thanks for your review, I will take it as a challenge to keep learning and improving even more my service!.
I expect you coming back to Barcelona in the future, knowing the city better, and that you will choose again my area and property. Also I hope my comments after your review might be helpful for future city visitors!.
With my best wishes,
David
rachel k
Ireland
“Great base for a beach stay in Barcelona”
Reviewed October 5, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Hi,
we recently stayed at Davids apartment and found it to be a wonderful base for a beach holiday in Barcelona.
The apartment was well fitted out and very comfortable and David went to a lot of trouble to supply the necessities we needed for our holiday as well as providing us with lots of information on local restaurants and things to do which made our holiday even better.
We found it to be a well equipped apartment and very good value. We were able to stroll to the beach in the mornings and enjoy the local restaurants at night. We will be back.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: proximity to the beach
Families with young children
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 2, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: quality of the apartment and its location
Liked least: a second bathroom would have been nice
DMac99201...
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Excellent service”
Reviewed September 15, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We had a wonderful week's stay in Barcelona with my family. The apartment was everything we had hoped it would be. David made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. David gave us all the information we needed to make the most of our stay. The apartment is in a lovely quiet area close to the beech and is furnished to a very high standard with Tv, washing machine and dryer. David provided many items like tea and coffee, milk, toothpaste and shower gel to get us started, little things like this make a big difference when you arrive and need to have a cup of tea! He even provided a bottle of red and white wine. The apartment complex has a lovely playground for the kids and the beech is very close, with pool areas for younger children. I would highly recommend this apartment, thanks again David!

Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
TS201420
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“HASSLE FREE HOLIDAY”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We stayed at this apartment for 1 week in August and found it to be of a very high standard exactly as advertised.
David the owner is a really nice guy who works hard to maintain the obvious high standard while still giving you a very homely relaxed stay.
The apartment is only a 15 minute drive from the airport and as arranged David was waiting for us. David then spent over an hour with us giving us information relating to the local area and tips on how to get the best from our stay especially while sightseeing around the city.
This information was great and let us immediately begin to enjoy our stay.
The apartment has a lovely private garden and is situated close to a good beach.The Metro is only a ten minute walk away and as this service is so easy to use the city's sights including The Football Stadium,The Gothic Quarter and Fantastic Shopping are all simply a quick and cheap journey away from this fantastic spot.
Close to the apartment is the Huge Diagonal mar shopping centre this, as well as beautiful stores has a good selection of restaurants.
The interior of this apartment is equipped with everything you will need for your stay in Barcelona. The beds are spotless and very comfortable and the bathroom is fitted out to a very high standard including toiletries and wonderfully soft towels.
On arrival David supplies you with a great welcome gift of fresh fruit, coffee,milk, ,juice and wine and the cupboards are full of items you are free to use during your stay.
This apartment is great to return to after a busy day sightseeing in the city.
The local area feels completely safe to walk around even late at night.and early in the morning it was so relaxing to stroll along the promenade to one of the lovely restaurants for coffee and a chat.
David made our holiday very special by taking us into the nearby mountains to explore the true Catalonian culture, along with quaint villages we enjoyed a fantastic meal and with the information David gave us throughout the day we left Barcelona feeling very lucky to have discovered this apartment and it has been delight to meet such a genuine great host and new friend
Thanks David

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was so clean and up to date/modern.
Liked least: I have no problems.
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Reviewed August 24, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing