“Perfect”

Musik Boutique Hotel
Ranked #58 of 520 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Musik Boutique Hotel for a week and I don't have a single complaint. The building is in a great location, a minute's walk from everything you could need on Via Laeitana, a busy street filled with shops, pubs and restaurants, and with just a five minute walk to the Urquinaona metro station the whole of Barcelona is at your fingertips.

We arrived at the hotel and were greeted by Michael on reception, who proved to be an extremely helpful and friendly ally in our exploration of Barcelona. The city is huge and could have been quite confusing but Michael gave us a map and showed us where everything was. He then directed us a cool Irish pub just round the corner called McCarthy's, which is well worth visiting if you're into that kind of thing, which ended up being our base for the week and really influenced the way our holiday went (in a positive way). The rest of the staff were just as good. Really excellent service the entire time.

The rooms were spotless when we arrived and were kept that way all week. The free bottles of water in the room each day were a nice touch as well. The room wasn't huge but it didn't need to be. It had all the necessities. As we were staying for more than 3 nights we got a breakfast for free on the first morning. We ended up going back and paying for it another couple of days as well.

If I were to go back to Barcelona, and I certainly intend to, I would probably go back to this hotel. Couldn't have asked for much more. The only gripe I have, and this is being really picky, is that there wasn't a mini-fridge in the room. We found out a sink full of cold water does the same trick anyway.

1  Thank Craig B

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Good location and spotless room. However, I did not get the room I thought I had booked. It was advertised as Superior and spacious, but it was neither. I was also promised a city view (an alleyway) and a balcony ( a large window with iron railings - ie, nowhere to sit ). Very small room with small wardrobe and no drawers to store stuff. Most importantly, there was no telephone in our room as it was being "repaired". Surely a new hotel could find a replacement? This meant not being able to phone reception for clean towels or order a taxi. I probably would not have been so annoyed or picky if this trip had not been a special occasion. We were celebrating my daughters graduation from university and the end of my treatment for cancer. This was the first opportunity we had been able to spend quality time together and I was hoping for something with the wow factor. I was very upset with the hotels "so what?" attitude when I voiced my disappointment. I feel that the hotel description is a gross misrepresentation of the reality

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great little boutique hotel in ideal location with everything Barcelona has to offer on its doorstep. We booked an executive room with a small balcony which was perfect for our needs. Breakfast was not included in the rate but this did not matter as there are plenty little cafes around to choose from which are much cheaper than the hotel's breakfast rate. The room was a little small but this is always the case with boutique hotels in popular cities, it was spotless and cleaned daily. The staff were excellent and always courteous and very helpful. There were a few small issues such as the air conditioning went haywire one of the nights but as it is a new hotel a few teething problems are to be expected but once we phoned reception they tried to sort it out asap. My only gripe would be that there is no fridge which I think every hotel should really have especially in their executive rooms. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this hotel and would have no hesitation in using it again when I hopefully return to Barcelona.

1  Thank RemeG
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is quite new, very centrally located but far away of all crowd in Rambla and co. It's in old part, close to El Born which was a total new discovery for us! Everything was so close but still hidden from all rush and we enjoyed it so much!

Hotel staff was very welcoming and friendly! When we arrived they knew our name and everything was prepared that check in goes fast and smooth.
Rooms are nice, not too big but you have enough space. Everything is very clean! All hotel has wireless free of charge!
Bed is very comfortable and 3 types of pillows are amazing and everyone can find what suits him/her the best!
Bathroom is very nice, and even without bath and only shower we enjoyed! Towels are large, each person has sleepers and shower mantil, which is amazing for 3 star hotel.

We didn't have breakfast included but we got for free first morning breakfast. We were told at check in that we are invited by them! This was very nice and appreciated gest! Breakfast offers large variaty of choices, guy serving and preparing is wonderful! So careing and very friendly, we couldn't ask for anything better! We decided to come again on next day!

We loved this place and we highly recommend this!
We will come again on our next trip to BCN! Keep going with great work!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Tatyanabg
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were staying in this Hotel for three days. Its a bit further away from the trouble of Ramblas but nevertheless most things are in walking distance. The room is modern , small but very nice. The staff is extremly friendly and helpfull. when we arrived late in the night on the first evening he greeted us with name and had everything prepared already. The breakfast is buffet-style but with a also very friendly staff to help out on anything you need. We enjoyed our stay very much and this hotel is really a hidden gem in Barcelona!

1  Thank Toby_Bayern
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay here. The service was great, the room was lovely and roomy. Loved the shower and the toiletries. There was no bath but I preferred that. Bottles of water a nice touch and appreciated. And best of all its location, 5 minutes from the La Rambla and Gaudi Museum. Id would def recommend and stay here on my return.

1  Thank cjudge109
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Could not praise this hotel highly enough. We stayed for 3 nights from 3rd Sept and booked online. The guys on reception were very welcoming and we knew immediately we would enjoy our stay.
The service was friendly and caring at all times but at the same time professional and efficient.
If you are staying 3 + nights you get a free breakfast on first morning. Plenty of variety for breakfast including freshly squeezed orange juice!

A little bar in reception and a small seating area.

The bathrooms are heaven with very large bath sheets which are changed daily.
Lovely comfortable beds. Flat screen televisions. Air conditioning.

The hotel is very centrally located and you can walk to most places of interest if you wish.
Barcelona is such a wonderful city with so much to see and do and Musik Boutique Hotel is wonderful value and has everything you need to rest up until you hit the sites again.
We would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Standard double rooms are quite small but normal for a city hotel and they do not feel claustrophobi...