“Excellent tourguide for Barcelona”

Our Guide in Barcelona
Ranked #244 of 535 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The ultimate goal of travelling is to enjoy ourselves. When we travel we look forward to seeing new places and people, and discover different ways of living and understanding life. We long to be marvelled and to capture all that the world offers. This possibility awakens not only our innate instinct for knowing but also feelings and emotions within us that often remain dormant in our day-to-day lives. Gregorio Arribas, a licensed-private guide in Barcelona and Catalonia region, a connoisseur and admirer of his city, wants that all mentioned above become a reality for everybody that visits this part of the globe, and sees his mission as helping people realise the full potential of their travelling experience.
Marbella, Spain
“Excellent tourguide for Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Excellent tourguide for Barcelona

Some month ago my wife and I had a chance to visit Barcelona for a few days and after having enjoyed the nice beaches in Gavá we decided to do a two day city tour. Already before we came to Barcelona friends of us had given us Gregorios phonenumber with the highest recommendation to call him. We were curious to meet Gregorio Arribas. To say it right up front he was the most excellent and fun tourguide we´ve possibly could have imagined. A real class of a tourguide , fun to be with, entertaining, witty and enormously knowledgeable of all aspects of the city, be it excellent knowledge of Barcelona´s history or of what´s going on in respect of culture and entertainement in the city.
Very well selected he took us to historical places and beautiful outdoor attractions like the Sagrada Familia and in the old center of town the catheral, the grand market Boquería and the Parque Güel, just to mention a few. When sitting with him in one of the cafeterias in the center of old Barcelona he told us many a story from historical times so lively that we could easily imagine how life in Barcelona must have been in previous times when the city was very rich and blooming.
Barcelona has become kind of a familiar place to us now thanks to Gregorio, who made our visit so enjoyable and rich of memories. And guess who I would recommend to you to visit the city ,of course, Gregorio.

Visited September 2013
Gregorio A, Manager at Our Guide in Barcelona, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Well, most of the credit for the succes of your visit is to be given to your interest, curiosity and attention to my explanations. Thanks.

san francisco, CA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A fabulous trip in large part due to our wonderful guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I went with my parents (86 and 82) and a friend to Barcelona for a week. Based on reviews, I contacted Gregorio and our email discussion led us to hire him for a few things. He picked us up from the airport upon arrival and gave us a short tour/overview of the city -- about an hour and a half. We then over the course of the week spent 3 half days with him and did a Gaudi overview, the Old City/Gothic Section and a visit to Montserrat. His knowledge is impressive, but he's also interesting and very kind. Our trip to Montserrat was wonderful and it was capped off by lunch at a favorite of Gregorio's -- a farmhouse/restaurant in the middle of nowhere with the most incredible food and gorgeous setting.
Gregorio went beyond the call of duty by taking us

We greatly enjoyed our time with him and truly felt he was instrumental in making our trip a great success. I would highly recommend touring with Gregorio and using him for multiple days.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Teamfo
Gregorio A, Owner at Our Guide in Barcelona, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
This is really a very nice review, thank you very much. Coming from you I value it double as your parents were to my eyes a model to follow in all the senses, so the result (you) it is a quite complete human being.
Thanks,
Gregorio
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding guide in Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am a travel agent who was in Barcelona with a group. Gregorio was refered to me by another agent. I will never use anyone else. he certainly spoiled us for other guides elsewhere. He was very knowledgeable and was able to interest everyone in the group - not an easy task to make everyone happy. He went above and beyond when flights presented a challange. I will continue to refer him to my clients.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank sally ann R
Dear Sally,
Thank you for your review. As you put your trust on me, I was ready to please you and your group whatever the circumstances. It was a pleasure anyway.
Thanks,
Gregorio
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“This is the man to use when in Barcelona!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We spent a wonderful day in Barcelona with Gregorio Arribas. I found his name using TripAdvisor and was impressed with the caliber of reviews people had left. Those reviews were spot on! Gregorio met my family at our hotel promptly at the arranged time. Since I was traveling with my older parents, Gregorio had arranged for us to be transported throughout Barcelona by private car. The arrangements were ideal for our situation. We moved from site to site with ease and everyone was comfortable.
Gregorio's insights into Gaudi and his famous architecture made for an informative visit. Being in Sagrada Familia is an overwhelming experience, not just because of the beauty of the place, but also because of the details and symbols Gaudi incorporated into his work. Gregorio's knowledge base pointed out and explained all the small details that made our visit so memorable. My parents are still raving about our time in the Basilica.
Two things to share about Gregorio and the type of business he runs. First, when we were planning our visit via e-mail, he gave me serveral options from which to choose in terms of transport throughout the city. All of the options were fairly priced and reasonable. He did not try to force me to accept one overly priced package. Second, several days after our visit, I received and email from Gregorio. It seems that during our tour, I had a question that he did not quite know the answer to. He was writing to let me know he had researched the question and had a better answer for me. What a guy!!! When I return to Barcelona (and I will return to Barcelona), Gregorio Arribas will be the only guide I use to enhance my experience and understanding of this enchanting city.

Gracies, Gregorio!!!!!

Visited October 2013
Gregorio A, Owner at Our Guide in Barcelona, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear friends,

Thank you for your review. You also played an important role in the succes of your visit, as your interest and admiration encouraged me to explain more and deeper.
Satellite Beach, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 Fabulous Days in and around Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Gregorio walked us all over Barcelona, showing examples of Gaudi's work, explaining Gaudi's mission, as well a s showing us comparisons of other artists. We went to the Familia Sa Gradia, 2 other houses, the park. It was a very full day of walking and pure enjoyment. Gregorio is extremely knowledgeable and is able to explain ideas in a way all can understand.
The second day we went by car to Home of the Black Virgin...a beautiful ride in the country, visit of the Cathedral when the boys choir sang, and then down the Mountain for a special lunch frequented by the locals! It was another perfect day for my husband and myself.
We would hire Gregorio to guide us again, and highly recommend him to others.

Visited September 2013
Dear friends,
Thank you for your review, for me also were two special days, in particular the one we went to Montserrat and we had lunch in this typical farming house at the foot of the mountain, I really enjoyed your conversation, I hope you come again so you will master the way of drinking wine with the artefact we use here.