“Very nice!”

Ranked #96 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Oxford
“Very nice!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Despite being on a fairly busy road, our room was very quiet and the hotel was very pleasant indeed. It's new and was very nicely decorated and furnished. The staff were helpful and all in all I'd definitely come back here again. The only bad thing was the shocking food we had when we ordered room service - the menu said "anchovies", the dish had artichokes on it and not an anchovy in sight!! Not only that, the chips were soggy - not good at all - a shame when the rest of the hotel was so nice. The hotel was in easy walking distance of Placa Catalunya and sights including Casa Batllo and La Pedrera.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Munchkinette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights while in Barcelona and loved the location of it. It's close to the train and the A1/ A2 bus stops which run to the airport and have stops along Passing de Gracia. The hotel is off one of the side streets 2 blocks or so, so it can be hard to find at night. The staff was friendly and speak English very well. I booked 2 nights with reward points and paid for my 3rd night and the staff worked it so I stayed in the same room (a plus since I ended up doing 3 different reservations for my stay). My room was spacious, clean and there was complimentary water, a plus when walking around all day. There is also a fitness center (go to the pool, make a right and then go up some stairs to the upper deck of the pool) that's essentially open as long as it's light outside. The walls of the fitness center are glass and I didn't see a light so I took it as it closes once it's completely dark our. Free Internet with computers and printers in the lobby. Overall, very good hotel to stay at in Spain

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Christine G
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a stay here recently on a wet weekend visit. Disappointed the room wasn't cleaned after a full day out as they'd tried at 8am but obviously didn't try again, they rely on you putting the clean my room sign on the door! Breakfast was ok, not a huge choice of continental but full was on the menu. Despite this it was a good hotel and location for the price. Only real gripe is the double glazing didn't stop the noise of traffic if you have a roadside room.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank fionarmuir
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Barcelona - Plaza Catalunya, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear fionarmuir,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding housekeeping and the noise of traffic during your stay. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Porto
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've stayed at this beautiful hotel and I can say that I was really impressed!!
The location is perfect!! The hotel is modern, comfortable with a beautiful light..
The beds are amazing..... you spleep like an angel..
Spacious room, coffee and tea facilities, modern and comfortable decoration.
The staff is very friendly and professional.
I can say with no doubts that this is the perfect place to stay in Barcelona!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a terrace..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Monica G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had the great pleasure to stay @ Hotel Indigo Barcelona during my first visit to Spain!!

Location
The hotel sits just in the heart of Barcelona walking distance to the majority of Barcelona main attractions.

Hotel
The design of the hotel and the quality of the rooms are superb with a smart touch of what Barcelona is all about embedded in the decoration of all the hotel.

Staff & Service
I was amazed at the level of service in this great hotel. The staff just made my stay a very memorable one starting with the humble General Manager Marco ending with the housekeeper. The Front Office staff were very knowledgeable and they helped us know where to go. They provided us with a great insight and recommendations.
We heard a lot about 'Pickpockets' in La Ramblas and a lot of my friends have warned me not to be mobbed! Our mobiles were stolen in the street and the hotel helped us calling our mobile companies / banks during the night and day time. They have shown great sympathy and support.

Overall, I cannot recommend enough this great hotel and I will go there again for my next trip to Barcelona!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I really can't say enough positive things about the hotel. Perfect location, rooms were large and very clean. The front desk staff.. Marcos ..went above and beyond. He was friendly and helped with directions and computer glitches. Recommended restaurants .. This is a sleeper. I have travelled extensively and this is one of the best IHG properties that I have stayed in.. An excellent value!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pgdonau
Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Conveniently located. 5 minute walk to the top of La Ramblas. 2 short blocks from on off bus, metro and city bus stops, and good dining options. Hotel is newly remodeled so everthing is pristine. Very comfortable beds, spacious rooms with espresso machine, and free bottled water each day. Rachel and Andrea, at the front desk, couldn't be more helpful and congenial.

Room Tip: I had room 110 on the front side of the building with non opening window. View of Grand Via. Minimal...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple