“Best View of Barcelona for Foodies!”

Aborigens -Local Food Insiders
Ranked #26 of 195 Food & Drink in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: "One of the 6 Best Food Tours in the World" (The Sunday Times, UK) Avoid tourist traps and explore the real local gastronomy of Barcelona with native experts. Aborigens suggests tours for foodies and for those who want to enjoy and taste Catalan cuisine in a vibrant, passionate and casual manner. Enjoy local recipes, discover non-touristic spots across the country and meet its people while we show you the most succulent side of Catalonia. Fully Licensed Tour Operator.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was, by far, the highlight of our visit to Barcelona. In a city with so much life and fun, you think that it can't possibly get better until you taste the food. This tour includes your food and drinks, and also the priceless addition of the tour guides' knowledge of the city, food and Catalonian culture. The guides were so knowledgeable and fun--it felt like we had friends in the city we were visiting for the first time. The evening tour lasted several hours and took us to seven locations-bars, bodegas and tapas. We were treated like friends everywhere and it was all walk-able from our apartment. Doing this on our own would have been impossible--I think it would have taken us hours to just find these gems in the city.

This is a must-do when visiting Barcelona!

2  Thank Parissa S
"great information"
in 4 reviews
"unforgettable experience"

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Only in Barcelona for a few days we were thrilled when Aborigens were able to fit us in on a tour on short notice. As hoped, the (early afternoon) tour was highly enjoyable, both for the food, the drinks and the knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides. Furthermore, when presented with our plans for the remainder of our stay they were happy to offer extensive advice on where to eat, and also made reservations for us at an excellent tapas place for our first night in the city. We booked our trip to Barcelona to see the world's best footballer play. However, when it turned out that Messi (due to an extremely rare muscle injury) couldn't deliver, Aborigens certainly did:-)

2  Thank Kristin P
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I needed a gift for my parents for christmas and I thought about something different. I bought as a present 2 passes for Aborígens Seasonal escapes and according to them, it was such a memorable day, great experience, nice guides, and wonderful wines and food that they are repeating by themselves in the next scheduled escape.

So I certainly reccomend considering giving someone a present in the form of one of their products

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had been on a few 'foodie' trips before, with varied experiences: Some took you to places a quick look at a guidebook would have taken any food lover anyway, others were more adventurous. The Aborigens tour sets out its stall pretty clearly, and is all the better for it. After all, any Barcelona tourist can find the market on Las Ramblas without a guide!

The tour I chose took me to places that I would definitely not have found by myself. That's the advantage of real local experience, I suppose! Just the right amount of food, and never felt like we were being rushed from one place to another without time to digest.

I should also mention that as a nut allergy sufferer, care was taken to make sure that the tour was adequate to my dietary requirements. I would definitely recommend this tour to other people, and also would ask the guides for any new tips if I return to Barcelona in the future.

1  Thank Duncan B