“simply the best!”

Barcelona Cooking Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Barcelona Cooking! We offer hands-on recreational cooking classes and gourmet food tours that are relaxed, authentic, fun, educational, and social. In our classes you will learn how to prepare authentic Spanish dishes like paella, tapas, soups, desserts, and more, all while meeting new friends from around the world. The classes are designed for cooks of all levels; beginners to professionals. A great activity for singles, couples, groups, or families! Our tours take passionate travelers on a gastronomic adventure through the old streets of Barcelona. Real food from around Spain, authentic beverages, and exciting history await! One thing is for sure: we are certain that spending time with us here at Barcelona Cooking will be one of the highlights of your trip!
Reviewed February 13, 2013

not sure where to start. My daughter is abroad in Barcelona and am on a visit here. Her idea is to learn as much as she can about the the culture. She found this amazing experience.
You can not come to Barcelona without learning how to cook their amazing food! Our experience was a hands on (sorry Candido) since there was no other people there. Unreal is not enough.
Our 5 course meal started with the makings of the desert first since it had to be ready in the refridge. A side note, my daughters extent of cooking pretty much boils down to Ramon noodles so it was enjoyable to watch this experience.
The chef, Candido is an amazing person, speaks very good english and was schooled in this country. He explains everything while making you feel like you know what you are doing. His talents extend to great personal skills which makes the whole experience worth while. I can't express enough his generosity.
You will get the entire meal on paper to take home with you so just enjoy his knowledge and the entire experience. Again, if you go to Barcelona, please take the 3 hour class, it will live with you forever. His partner, Emma speaks very good english and they are expanding another floor because they must be doing well. The most rememberable moment while in this fantastic country! I would rate it a 10 if this scale went higher! Buen apetito!

1  Thank Jimmy R
There are newer reviews for Barcelona Cooking Classes

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Regardless of your cooking ability, a class here will be a highlight of your stay in Barcelona. The pace and style of tuition will put anybody at ease as they tackle the preparation,execution and importantly the eating of a seasonal 4 course meal. We had such a lovely evening.

2  Thank AngieHindley4
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Chef Candido and co-owner Emma are Great! We took the morning class with the tour of La Bouqueria (market). The market was incrediably interesting and enjoyable. We learned much about Catalan Cusine, a bit of history and lots about thier culture.

Back at the kitchen Candido got us right to work on preparing a number of dishes including a Potage of Butternut Squash and Pears, Paella with Seafood, Torilla Espangola and Catalan Cream. The instructions were again infomative and clear.

The facility is modern, clean and pleasent to be in.

The 4 hours past by so quickly, with the best part - enjoying the our labors - a wonderful meal and wine. During dinner Emman and Candido gave us some dining, site seeing and toursist advise. All greatly appreciated.

We would highly recommend this to any visitors to Barcelona who enjoy cooking and learning about local culture!

1  Thank RTVM
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The owners and the creators of Barcelona Cooking definitely bring passions to the kitchen that can't be found in most cooking classes. Instead of standing in a corner and just chopping carrots watching an instructor, you will actually have a hands on experience! "You are going to be cooking today, I am going to be your assistant." was our welcome to their brightly colored kitchen.

My aunt and I had the suprising opportunity to only be the ones in the class. The morning half day session started off with a tour of the market. They break down the importance of how fresh the food is and what to look for. As we walked through the crowded arena our chef explained every detail. Fresh fish (there is an alternative to ahi tuna?). Eggs (why aren't they fridgerated? what is the giant green one?)

Their kitchen apartment is right on La Rambla which is convenient and quaint. And it is walking distance from the Boqueria Market and easy to find and get too. There is wifi internet in their kitchen as well, and they present you with aprons on the spot. The food that we cooked is definitely something that I can take home with me and do it myself now. It's not too easy but I would love the challenge of cooking on my own, which is amazing! There have been locations where we cook complex recipes, but I have no idea what to do once I get back home and want to do it myself, or I can't find the ingredients that I need. At Barcelona Cooking - not the case. I definitely can impress friends and family with my Spanish Omlette and my Seafood Paella now!

Overall, it was such a fabulous experience having a class where the instructors are genuinely interested in the people that come to class and the food they are cooking! Thank you so much!

1  Thank Chelsea M
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am a travel agent with a large variety of high end corporate and entertainment clients so am always looking for new activities to share with them. Barcelona cooking school came highly recomended by colleagues in the industry so I had to check it out for myself on a visit last week to Barcelona...
Absolutely fantastic day, I lived many years ago in the city and often brought my lunch at Boqueria market but never did I understand or appreciate the history and variety of foods there until taking the morning tour. The school is literally a block away from the Market (I beleive the closest school in the city) so as soon as we had our purchases we got straight into the cooking.
Luiz is an amazing teacher, very knowledgeable and takes great pride and joy in teaching you new techniques, I would take Luiz over Gordon Ramsey any day!!
I would aboslultely recomend taking the time out while in the city to Join this class, suitable for any age, group size, team buidling etc,
Louise Ramirez, Protravel , Las Vegas