“Charming local tapas restaurant”
Review of Elsa y Fred

Elsa y Fred
Ranked #216 of 10,607 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish, Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: Located in one of the quietest corners of the Barrio de Sant Pere, between a New York air and French character, it is Elsa y Fred. With their first 5 years of running in, Elsa y Fred has captured the attention of all who pass through this area and seduce with the delights of their dishes. With an offer based on a great variety of tapas and dishes made with products of good quality selected by Chef Ramon Miracle Segura, this gastrobar has managed to stand out among the local cuisine.
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We very much enjoyed our evening at this small and cozy restaurant. Service was very good even on a busy Friday evening. Our group of four enjoyed all our shared dishes and the wine recommendations. It really felt like the restaurant was filled with locals out with friends. Would go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,894)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were recommended this place in our hotel reception, but they were afraid it could be full. It was not, perhaps because it was early in the night, and perhaps because it was November. In the restaurant, we got good suggestions, and good service from the staff, and we shared several small, but tasty dishes, batatas bravas, ravioli with pumpkin, risotto, creme catalan and an awesome icecream with strawberries in balsamic vinegar with pepper. All great stuff.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My friend had recommended this place, so I tried it out with a friend. Although we were one of the only people in the entire place, the service was ridiculously slow. I eventually just went up to the bar to get someone's attention. I ordered the roast beef "sandwich" which was tasty, but definitely not worth 10 euros. (It was a few slices of meat on one slice of bread). Maybe I would have a better experience another time.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were so happy to find a place open early that served beautiful food (try the french toast) and wonderful coffee. We tried it for dinner and had a very poor experience. The staff clearly didn't want us to wait for a table so we sat at the bar. They said we could eat dinner at the bar. We waited over 20 minutes for our drinks and then were told we could only order tapas. They took over 2 hours to serve us. When we asked for change we got an eye roll. I really felt like I was back in France with the attitude towards us. I loved it for breakfast but would never go for dinner.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This place was recommended so we visited. I would rather have been told that they had no tables just yet but we could either pre book or return later. Instead they sat us on the table which was almost on the pavement, gave us the menus and left us there. half an hour later we were still waiting to order drinks although a couple had arrived after us, sat at the bar in front of us and had been served.
It wasn't as though we had been forgotten completely as the girl behind the bar kept smiling but when we tried to actually catch her attention to order she wasn't looking.
I am sad to say that after 35 minutes we just got up and left. I thought we had given it a fair go and I have only ever done that once before. So, sorry Elsa y Fred..but you were not for us!!