“Perfect find.”

Ranked #124 of 9,937 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish, Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: Elsa and Fred reinvents the classic tapas bar, with creative cuisine with subtle inspiration from international cuisine. With special care in the presentation and maximum respect for the original flavors of each ingredient. When we prepare a dish, we make each one with all our passion and creativity. ELSA Y FRED INVITES YOU TO ENJOY BREAKFAST, HALF DAY MENUS, SANDWICHES, DELICIOUS HOMEMADE CAKES MID-AFTERNOON, AND TAPAS THROUGHOUT THE DAY, AS WELL AS A FINE WINE LIST AND COCKTAILS.
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We have learned that when you find a great restaurant when traveling, you keep going back. And we did. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Pumpkin ravioli, jambon,cheese plate,sirloin, great cappuccino, wonderful green salad with warm brie, perfect fried eggs with pastas, and then there was the chocolate truffle dessert. Great food near Arc de Triomf.

There are newer reviews for Elsa y Fred

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great food!! Tiny restaurant but was the best food our entire trip! Pumpkin ravioli was the best I have ever had!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Tidy place with nice atmosphere. Really good food, not to much, not to little. We had tapas, drinks and dessert and enjoyed the experience very much!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a lovely evening here for my daughters 21st birthday. Staff so welcoming and smiling. Food was beautiful and presented well, but not enough choice and portions were small and a little on the expensive side . Great atmosphere, relaxing nothing was rushed. Would recommend for a special occasion.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Upon arrival to Barcelona on Catalan Independence Day, I was challenged to find shops and sites open for tourist enjoyment and was concerned I would find restaurants either closed or packed following the parades and chants. I have no idea if the place was so busy "early" (5:30-6pm-ish) because everybody was already out and about or if this place is just that popular. Sitting at the small bar proved to be somewhat of a fail, although I did ask if I could sit and have food there before doing so. It became pretty clear to me quite quickly that I was in the way because drinks to the dining room are served over the seated bar area, between patrons and such. The food was excellent and prices were quite reasonable, but I did not feel welcome. Sit at a table. AND, order patatas bravas -- you will thank me.

1  Thank lowdiver