“A very good deal”

Ranked #207 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Genova, Italy
“A very good deal”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have just spent four nights at this hotel, and I can confirm what other travelers wrote in their reviews: the hotel appears as brand new and spotless clean; the reception staff is very kind and willing to provide information and directions to places to visit and restaurants; the rooms are OK (not very big, nor cramped) and all the amenities and services are adequate to top-tier hotel class (and somehow better than some so called "4-star" hotels I visited in other occasions....).
The hotel is located in a residential neighborhood, out of the main tourist areas, though at just 150 m from the closest metro station (line no. 3), at about 50 m from bus stops and at 10 min walking distance from the "Font Màgica" and "Palau Nacional" site. There are just a few bars and restaurants in the immediate premises, however this wasn't a big problem for us, as we spent every single minute of our stay for visiting this beautiful city !
One only negative note: our room was located at the second floor, facing the main street. We were not disturbed by the traffic in the road but sometimes we could perceive a little noise from the metro line underneath the hotel (as a sort of a distant rumble): this wasn't very annoying to us, however you may want to ask for an upper floor room if you are accustomed to sleep in perfect silence.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
bergen
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great Hotel, we stayed in the HCC Covadonga before and it was amazing so this time we tried another of the same chain.

HCC Lugano has the same excellent service, and as its newly refurbished its very clean very quiet and very vry nice.

The staff are great and very helpful and always ready to help.
We have stayed here now on 3 different occassions in 2012. The reason we like it here is its a 20 min walk (nice walk) to the beach and harbour and its also 3 minutes left or 3 minutes right to the nearest metro station.
Its very nicely located with bars and resturaunts nearby and also cahs machines and smaller local supermarkets which offer great value for beers wine and food.

Were booking again to stay in March.

Highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank stonielad
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights as part of a Champions League trip to see the Barca v Celtic match. My trip was booked using Avios so I paid less per night that the normal price which was in the region of £75-£80. After looking at other 3 star hotels the Lugano price of £75-£80 per night for a 3 star hotel (which I thought was expensive) was just the norm for Barcelona.

This hotel only opened in May I think so it's in pristine condition & it really is more of a 4 star hotel than a 3 star. Great staff, very clean & a great location for me being between the city centre & the football ground, I would advise anyone thinking of going to Barcelona on a budget to stay here, its QUALITY.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room in the building.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Celticforever278
London
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Booked this hotel on arrival at at Barcelona airport via tourist information office. Must say for 255 Euros for three nights at a city centre hotel was great value for money. I understand that the hotel opened ealier in 2012 and s in pristine condition with very clean and comfortable rooms and helpful reception staff. Whilst it only has basic amentiies for breakfast and a very basic bar, its condition, the staff, and its location close to buses, underground train system and toursit buses (via Plaza Espana) - make this an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Room 211 is quiet, not sure about the others
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ugspie
Bolton
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after arriving at the Rialto in Barcelona to be told my booking had been cancelled due to a tour operator error. Myself and my travelling companion weren't particularly happy as it was further away from the region where we wanted to stay. However, upon our arrival we were very impressed. Standing on a main road, the hotel is extremely modern and clean. It is about 15 minutes walk away from Las Ramblas. We had a twin room, with an immaculate, large bathroom. The shower was a power shower and there was a full size bath. The sink was massive. There is a well stocked mini bar in the rooms, although prices for the drinks and food out of it were quite expensive. The bedroom has a TV and air conditioning. It also has a safe. Free wifi is available also. There are two very speedy lifts in the hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. My favourite part of the hotel was the breakfast. Breakfast was served from 7am until 11am and the food was constantly replenished. Fresh coffee, a massive selection of herbal teas, bottled water and fresh milk. There were cereals, with bowls of fruit and nuts. There were exquisite pastries, and a good selection of bread. There was also a mini fridge with all manner of potted yogurts and mousses. There were lots of varieties of jam and honey, and fruit was also available. Added to that, there were cheeses, Spanish omelette and meat. You certainly won't go hungry. We found it better to be in this area as eating out wasn't half as expensive as in the Las Ramblas area. A word of warning, however. We ate out at a restaurant about 10 minutes walk away from the hotel and I had my phone stolen. I had read the warnings about crime, and been extra vigilant, but this particular night I had placed my phone 10 centimetres away from my hand on my table as I was waiting for my husband to call me back. Within 5 minutes, a beggar had arrived near us with a sign, which he placed over my phone and then picked my phone up and stole it. My own stupid fault, but it really happened so quickly in 5 minutes so please be aware of this scam, as well as the others that occur. Back to the hotel, the rooms are cleaned everyday. We were in a room at the back of the hotel which was quiet, but the view was of houses over the back. This didn't matter, however, as Barcelona is a place where you don't spend much time in your hotel room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank soozym71
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I spent 3 days at the hotel with my friend and we were very happy and pleasantly surprised by it! since there were no reviews on the hotel (it is newly renovated) we didn't know what to expect.
The location is really good - it's couple minutes walk from Plaza Catalunya and about 15 minutes walk from La Rambla. It is super clean - everything is so new and shiny! The room had everything we needed and i would say it felt more like 4 star hotel than 3.
The staff at the reception are amazing! They have all patience in the world to help you with anything you need - we got all directions and tips we asked for, they even ordered for us tickets for Flamenco show in one of the evenings and helped us confirm our flights back.. They are awesome!
I would definitely go back to the hotel and recommend it to all my friends,
Enjoy :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Vickim1980
HCCLUGANO, Gerente at HCC Lugano, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear sir,
First of all, thank you for your comments, we always try to make guests feel like at home, this is very important to us and I am very glad to ear that!!
Thank you again and see you next time!
Manager HCC Lugano