WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Restaurant Koxkera

Restaurant Koxkera
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Restaurant Koxkera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #326 of 8,926 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, lovely food and amazing sangria! Definetly worth a visit.
We were welcomed by a very friendly host. We shared a seafood platter and the had a paella each befordring ending the metal with a creme catalan.
All very good and the price reasonable!

• Polish first
Australia
“Good Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

A lovely well run restaurant with a friendly helpful owner. We had supper there last night and it was a most enjoyable evening. My wife had the clams and I had the Chili mussels, both dishes were outstanding, we both had Zarzuela as mains and these were also very good. The atmosphere as very pleasant and friendly. Would recommend this restaurant anytime.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank BruceBruce13
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We arrived to this restaurant based on the reviews on tripadvisor. We received a very warm welcome by an amazingly friendly stuff. The place is located off the main tourist attractions and I guess that's the reason that it's not so crowded. The food was excellent! fresh mussels, with excellent sauce. The Paella was one of the best dishes I've ever had with well cooked rice and lots and lots of seafood. Even the dessert - Catalan cream - was wonderful. And I booked online and received a 30% discount! so for a very full meal for two - which my Significant other failed to finish - we paid 40 euros, which is a real value for many.
Overall - Excellent food, nice and authentic Catalan atmosphere, very friendly and welcoming stuff. I would definitely recommend it! very worthwhile to take the time and visit this place if you're in Barcelona. Cheers

• Visited July 2014
“Veeeeeryy good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Fresh fish, kind and warm welcome, it's a very nice place to try real Spanish food !!! They can speak English and it's rationally expensive !!!

Tel Aviv, Israel
“It's ok good, not great good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I arrived the city a little bit late, so when I was ready for dinner, there were not too many choices. I chose the restaurant from tripadvisor app- yes, the waiter looks nice. when I arrived, he explained me hard on why he couldn't serve me at the moment although I only saw a half full restaurant (and I could not book one person table online). But anyway, he kept his word when I came back again 20min later. The mussel dish was great! spicy, full of flavor, but according to some tightly closed ones, they were not all alive before they were cooked. The seafood plate in some marine sauce (? wish the sauce name is right) was just so so, and fish inside was a little undercooked, I didn't call for refire since anyway I didn't like the fish. And about the catalonia cream, it's just some kind of caramel brulee, pls dont expect too much from the other comments. I think the hotel success relies a lot on the english speaking waiter since I noticed most of diners spoke english, so yes, it's a good tourist restaurant.

• Visited June 2014