“Good restaurant”
Review of Restaurant Koxkera

Restaurant Koxkera
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Restaurant Koxkera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #634 of 10,179 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We read the reviews on this website and decided to try the restaurant as it was near our hotel.
What a good choice!
There was a good choice of fish and seafood, all of which were excellent. The waiting staff were very friendly and helped with suggestions and queries.
All in all, a reasonably priced meal in a very good atmosphere.

1  Thank misssusita

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Excellent food and ambience; impeccable service! Highly recommend! Can't wait to go back to Barcelona and will definitely visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We travelled to Barcelona in Oct/13 and had one of the best dining experience we have had anywhere. The service was very good and we were welcomed and served like family. The food was exceptional.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful taste... want to revisit... I enjoyed good time with my collegues.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My fifth night in Barcelona on this trip. Had done the tapas and walked extensively around the L'illa area.
I looked on trip advisor, read the reviews and walked the 800 meters from my hotel and away from the tourist trap of the diagonal.

Arrived at 8:15 on a Thursday night in February to find no customers in the restaurant. I have a golden rule about empty restaurants and was just about to walk away when I remembered the reviews. I am so pleased that for the first time in history I broke my golden rule.

The staff were excellent and welcomed me in English when they realised I could not speak Spanish.
Faced with a menu in English I made my choice and the waiter commented that he thought my choice of starter was too heavy for my main course (he was right if course)
I took his advice and changed the starter to the best prawns in garlic I have ever had the pleasure of eating. The waiter suggest that I have some bread to did in the garlic source, once again he was spot on.

I prefer a red wine and the waiter recommended a Rioja that ran in at €13, by no means the most expensive or the cheapest but on reflection excellent for my choice of main course.
The monkfish marinara was superb accompanied by a good Rioja and a music that I didn't recognise. Upon asking I am now going out of my way to buy some Amos Lee.

The entire experience was beyond my expectations of an empty restaurant.

The food was the best I have tasted in this area of Barcelona. The atmosphere relaxed and conducive to a great evening.
The staff attentive and very accommodating of the lone Englishman with very little Spanish.

Altogether such a great experience that as I mention this us the first review of anything ever I have written.

Well done to a great restaurant for making a seasoned traveller break his golden rule.

PS, have the Creme Catalan, it would be rude not to.