“A bit overrated”

Las Mananitas - Tex Mex BCN
Reserve with
Las Mananitas - Tex Mex BCN is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #756 of 10,605 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you trust TripAdvisor, this is one of the best restaurants in Barcelona, I had a fairly good experience, but it was not awesome. I tried the taco fiesta, a set of tacos with Beef, Pork and Chicken. The Beef was truly delicious, the other parts were ok (recooked beans, rice and cheese). I like tacos with vegetables (salad, tomato, onion, peppers), luckily I had only a few cubes of tomato in the middle of the plate. For the finish I tried the hot brownie topped with hot chocolate fudge and ice cream. This is basically all about opening a can of brownie, add chocolate, warm it up for 30s in microwave and add two scoops of ice cream. It does the job, but you can get the same anywhere else.
To sum up, a good place to go with friends if you have already had a few drinks, maybe not so much if you are looking for a truly mexican experience (I have been to Mexico twice). Well, the beef was awesome though ;-)

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've being to many Mexican places around the world, but this is the best outside of Mexico, the food I awesome, drinks are great, and atmosphere is the best!

1  Thank Mau102
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I had done my research before choosing this place and we arrived before 8 thinking they were closed. Luckily our friends were late arriving or else we would've left. The owners let us in and were super friendly with us, we chatted quite a bit with them before our friends arrived. I got the enchiladas with green sauce, I'd been craving good spicey Mexican food since being in Europe for 2 months. It met all of my needs and then some. Food was amazing and the owners were super friendly and wonderful. Couldn't have asked for a better place to eat. The owners are what made the visit even better! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to get a good Mexican meal in Barcelona and I will be returning before I leave Europe!

1  Thank Courtney M
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I've looking for a good Mexican restaurant and I've finally found it! Great food! Great attention! Great desserts! Totally recommend it!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is a quaint, inexpensive Mexican restaurant with delicious food! I was greeted cheerfully when I walked in the door and waited on right away. The waitress was attentive and helpful too - helping me find my way to the nearest metro stop. If you're looking for huge, American-size portions you'll be disappointed, but the portions for me were perfect. An excellent meal at the end of my short stay in Barcelona.

1  Thank Russ M