Arrived via the airport bus a2 to metro stop urgell, it's a five minute walk from there, 6.0 euros each from the airport, bargain. taxi on return was 30 euro for 2 of us.
Hotel reception was nice and clean, staff efficient and very cool and welcoming from the aircon, room on 6 th floor room 608 not the best view but a lovely quiet room overlooking flats opposite courtyard.
Very clean, cleaned daily
Fresh towels each day, very nice quality indeed,
Comfy beds with nice pillows, great nights sleep
Wifi in room works very well
Smart tv on wall, but few English channels, no problem to us but maybe to some ?
Nice bathroom with a good shower
Rather odd that the bathroom sink was actually in bedroom with a modern glass sink, however it did take ages to drain and be warned there is no overflow!!
Unfortunately in the attempt to be modern and contemporary a decision was made to install a frosted glass door with a 1" gap all the way round. So not very private and you could see someone sitting on the toilet, not very pleasant
Aircon was effective 3 nights out of 4, for some reason it didn't work one night due to a hotel issue ?
Breakfast was ok with some cereals, juice, coffee, some different breads to toast, bacon on 1 day other days were sausage only, 1 very spicy indeed, cold meats, cheese etc, adequate but nothing special
Located 15 minutes ( at a reasonable pace ) from the top of cataluni square where the rambla starts, and 30 mins from the port, in the other direction was espanya square and the magic fountain, so well located if you don't mind walking
Near urgell metro stop (5 mins) where is 2.15 euro each to most attractions
We thought it was a fair hotel at a fair price in a good location with friendly helpful staff
Would go again if visiting Barcelona and would recommend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Acevi Villarroel is a welcoming four-star hotel in central Barcelona with great facilities, ideally located for exploring the city or for a business trip. We offer comfort and modern, artistic design, good dining in our restaurant "el 106", a spa and gym, and an outdoor pool as well as the full range of services that make our establishment a luxury hotel. We also offer polyvalent meeting rooms with personalized services to enable enterprises to make their conferences, seminars, and even for cocktails and banquets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Acevi Villarroel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acevi Villarroel Hotel Barcelona
- Acevi Villarroel Barcelona, Catalonia