“Worth the money”
Review of Acevi Villarroel

Acevi Villarroel
Ranked #145 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed March 16, 2014

When we came to this hotel we were extremely tires after a long tour from madrid, paris, rome and florence and we just couldn't believe such nice hotel, very clean, personnel that went above and beyond their duties to help us out! Everything was just comfy, no doubt best hotel for the price, is ver well located close to placa españa and fee blocks from placa catalunyia.

Stayed: October 2013
villarroel, Director de Recepción at Acevi Villarroel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your opinion about our hotel and thank you very much for the nice words you write.

I hope to see you again if you come back to Barcelona.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

For over the last decade, I have stayed in Barcelona at least once a year. I try to always stay in different hotels meaning that I have had my fair share of disappointments as well as great surprises.

This time I stayed in Acevi Villarroel and found it to be sufficiently central to even walk to Plaza Catalunya (about 15m walk). The room I stayed in fro a week was comfortable, clean, large enough and a good sized bathroom. No view from the room (facing interior courtyard) but I just use the room for sleeping and a bit of work so that was OK. The only problem, if you could call it that, was the air conditioning that was a bit noisy. Other than that... great night's sleep every night!

Breakfast was probably the downside. The variety was not that great and the toaster broke down one day and was not timely replaced.

There are many hotels to stay in while in Barcelona. So, would I stay at Acevi Villarroel again? Well, I like to stay at different hotels but I would certainly recommend this 4* hotel to anyone that want a fairly central stay in a quiet area.

(sorry! forgot to take some photos to share with all of you but what other reviewers have posted correctly illustrates what I experienced)

Room Tip: Want a quiet night... then choose a room that is facing the interior courtyard. I stayed in 107 and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Biscas
villarroel, Director de Recepción at Acevi Villarroel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your comments, and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay.

The toaster was broken as you said, but it has been replaced for a new one.

I hope that, even you like to try different hotels, you come back soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed in the Acevi for a long weekend in Barcelona. The reception presented nicely and the rooms were very comfortable and of a good standard. Some staff were more helpful than others, but overall the Acevi is good value and well connected transport wise.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
villarroel, Director de Recepción at Acevi Villarroel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you to write some lines about our hotel. One of our strong points is the staff, but it is always possible to improve. Your opinion is very important in order to give a better service.

Front desk Manager

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights - first night the air con rattled like a pneumatic drill and room very hot. Raised the issue the next day which could not be fixed so we were moved to a better, duplex room. All staff we met were friendly and keen to help.

Room Tip: Would think front of the hotel would be quite noisy.
Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you to spend some minutes to give us your opinion, and thank you to be so comprehensive about the problem in your room.
We could solve the technic problem in the room and everything is fine now.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The prices aren't too expensive nor cheap. There is a buffet that you have to pay extra for but is lovely. My family and I have breakfast there every morning. The rooms are lovely and modern with no balconies. The rooms are spacious and our chambermaid was Milagror and she made our stay cleaner and made our beds everyday whilst my family and I were away sightseeing. Its really close to the Metros- Urgel(L1), Rocafort (L1), Sant Antoni(L2) and Hospital Clinic(L5). It is close to the city centre and the hotel offers a restrant, a spa, a gym, a satellite tv in every room equipped with a DVD player, room service and a open top swimming pool however the pool isn't that big, its quite shallow and unless the sun is quite high, it will be hidden by the sun. Altogether I can say it is amazing and a must place to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Every room is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy P
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were here for 5 days for new years. The rooms are clean spacious and modern, I couldn't fault them. Its a short walk from the city centre and all the amazing attractions. The lady at reception was great. I got a migraine on the last day, so she let me check out 3hours late so I could sleep it off. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rakesh87
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Hotel is centrally located, and it is very easy to stroll around. Reception staff were very warm and helpful. The breakfast was really nice, in a warm and cosy atmosphere. The restaurant does not open for lunch. Room was clean and very comfortable. Good strong wifi. Highly recommended for a nice comfortable stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business