This hotel has only two good points: 1. location and 2. nice lobby - the rest of it was very disappointing.
We came from the airport around 11 am and tried to check-in but we were told to come back at 4 pm. We came back at 4 pm, check-in process was very brief, no explanations about when and where the breakfast is (breakfast was included with our room), nobody offered to help us with the luggage, they gave us a code for the elevator (wth is THAT?!) without explaining how to use it - I had to figure it out myself.
Our room number was 702, we got to the 7-th floor to find out that the actual number by the room door is 602! Of course, we thought it was a mistake and maybe the elevator just stopped at the 6th floor - so, here we are getting into elevator - no, the floor is right, 7th.
Confused, I go down to the lobby again to ask them what is our room number supposed to be and what floor we supposed to be on - and the answer to me is (are you ready for this? ) : "the room 602 is actually 702 and that is your room, 'mam (smiles, smiles)".
OK, we finally got into our room and what a disappointment: the floor (which was actually nice hardwood) is dirty and dusty; the second bed is in a kind of a separate area of the room without a bed stand or lighting near it. Looked like someone hastily set the bed there and forgot the rest of the things.
The closet has no doors and is actually not a closet but a build-in shelves, no hangers to hang your close on.
The refrigerator is well stocked but is warm - not turned off but not working at all! There are flies(!) flying around in the room and a moth's nests on the ceiling. The room had a balcony and when I wanted to open the balcony door I found out there is no handle and it's impossible to open. There was also mold in the corners by the balcony door, both near the floor and the ceiling and the wallpaper coming off. The balcony door glass and the window looked like it wasn't washed since the time it was build.
Now the bathroom - very nice green tiles and actually clean but - the shower area is so dark it is impossible to see if it was clean or not, since the light by the shower was not working! There were no toiletries either, just the soap from the public-bathroom-like dispenser. Is that what a 4 star hotel should be?!
I wanted to look-up a different hotel but - guess what? - the promised free WI-Fee is not working! I looked for the safe (it was advertised on their web page - safe in every room) so I could store my tablet, passports etc. - guess again - NO safe in the room!
Very disappointed I went down to the reception area to ask for a different room, the room I paid for, only to be told that they are overbooked and do not have a different room to accommodate us. I pointed out on all of the things that were wrong with the room and things needed to be fixed like the lights near the shower, the
refrigerator etc. and was told that it is too late ( 6 pm! ) and all will be fixed tomorrow. I asked to speak to the manager and was told that the manager is not here. I asked to speak to anyone in charge and was told that nobody is available. The only thing they were able to do for us is give us 4 hangers for the "closet" - almost like an insult! We were very tired and didn't feel like arguing thinking we'll talk to the manager the next morning.
Well, the next morning came and we found few more things that should have been there but weren't, like the coffee and coffee-making facilities, or the little things like the signs you can use on the door handles when you don't want to be disturbed, oh, and with the daylight the mold could be seen all over the shower tile walls! Breakfast was OK, except for the cold coffee and when we came down to the lobby wanting to see the manager - turned out the manager didn't want to see us - we were told that "she is very busy and will talk to us later". We couldn't wait because we had tours pre-scheduled, but the same thing happened every morning for the 4 days we were there - no manager and the things in our room were never fixed. We didn't even get an apology!
Needles to say, the hotel experience was a huge downside to our vacation. My advise to you - DO NOT STAY THERE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Sansi Diputacio is located in the heart of Barcelona, in the Eixample district. This area is known for being quiet, modern and elegant. Noted for its modernist architecture, extensive range of restaurants, for its prestigious boutiques located one block from Paseo de Gracia, where two of the most emblematic works of Gaudi, such as Casa Batllo and La Pedrera. The hotel is located just five minutes from downtown, the famous Gothic Quarter, the Cathedral, the Picasso Museum and Las Ramblas. Also, being in the heart of the city, has an excellent accessibility, since only five minutes away are three tube stations (Pl. Catalunya, Ps de Gracia, Pl. University) and two railway stations (Square Catalonia and Ps de Gracia). For customers who come in the AVE Sants Station is three subway stops ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sansi Diputacio Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Sansi Diputacio
- Sansi Diputacio Barcelona
- Sansi Diputacio Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia