“Awesome hotel, Awesome value”
Review of Hotel Jazz

Hotel Jazz
Ranked #43 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
ny
“Awesome hotel, Awesome value”
Reviewed September 25, 2009

We stayed at the Hotel Jazz from 9/10 to 9/13/09 and absolutely loved it. The reception desk was so curtious, helping us with directions, making dinner reservations, and giving us tips on the city. The hotel is spotless, the rooms super clean as well with great decor - very trendy, boutique hotel. We loved our balcony in our room - kept the door open most of the time we were there. Rooftop pool was nice touch too after a long day out walking around.

The value was the best part about the hotel - it was about $89 euro a night which we thought was an absolute steal for the quality and service of this hotel. We had just come from Italy where we stayed in 2 other 'boutique' type of hotels that were about 3x the price howeer the Jazz blew both of these hotels away.

I also liked the location how the hotel is just a bit off the beaten path - it was nice to not be swarmed with crowds of people when you come back from a long day.

Great stay at the Hotel Jazz!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sjtenem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Currently staying here during the La Merce Festival, first time in Hotel Jazz have previously stayed in other central hotels. This place is great, I love it, its just as described. In common with all other Barcelona hotels there are no in room drink making facilities so bring your own kettle, coffee and tea. The roof terrace and plunge pool are excellent. I cannot disagree with any of the positive reviews that I have read apart from the Irish couple who stated that food and drink in Barcelona were reasonably priced. This may be the case if you are paid in Euros, but if you are paid in British Pounds Barcelona is now expensive. A Big Mac burger, not that I eat these but for illustrative purposes only :), is 6 pounds and a pint of beer 5 pounds. Nothing to do with the hotel of course which is extremely good and I will be staying here again next year.

1 Thank rumba2
waukesha,wi
Reviewed September 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights precruise. We were very happy with the stay. Modern and up to date furnishings. The brkfast was included in our special rate which included hot and cold items. We booked thru the hotel web site. Great location, altho was a little tricky to find from the aerobus stop at the University. A good map steered us to Pelai St. Once we found it after about 5 min. it was easy to get around the city. The desk staff was friendly and helpful in their service provided. We would definitely stay here again.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I have just returned from 3 nights stay at Hotel Jazz, I booked this hotel after reading the reviews on here, I read the good & the bad about the hotel and went with an open mind. We were truly not disappointed! It was my boyfriends birthday and I took him to Barcelona as a surprise, I emailed the hotel requesting balloons & champagne on his day but unfortunately they couldn't sort this. We arrived very late and once checked in we were told our room had been upgraded to a junior suite for no extra money. I can only put this down to my boyfriends birthday but we were extremely grateful. I booked our trip through lastminute.com and it cost £89pn.

The location is perfect, I would suggest taking the metro from the airport, we took the bus and weren't sure where to get off and ended up walking a lot further than needed, at least the metro stops at each stop.

I was recommended to go to Celler De Tapas by a friend it is just opposite the university round the corner from the hotel, it's just perfect to grab some tapas and is very contemporary.

I have recommended this hotel to all friends and family, please don't be put off by the negative comments, this hotel is well worth the visit, we will definitely go back!!

1 Thank rugermasters
Co.Antrim N. Ireland
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Stayed in this hotel 4 nights with friends in September. First 2 days - rain, thunder, lightning, floods... last 2 days - fine, sunny and warm. Food in Barcelona was good - tasty and reasonably priced. Service in the restaurants was good for the most part. We tended to eat our main meal at about 2 pm and then have a snack at night. The 'Menu del Dia' was excellent value - bread, a drink, 2 courses, plus either dessert or coffee for about 10 - 12 euros.

++ Plus Points ++
Hotel Jazz is very near to the centre of Barcelona and easy to reach by bus from the airport.
The bedrooms are well-appointed if a little tired looking.
There was a comprehensive selection of toiletries provided. As well as the usual shower gel and shampoo, there was a dental kit, shoe sponge, comb, shaving kit, shower cap etc - all much appreciated.
Air conditioning was invaluable.
The shower was powerful and easy to use and there was always plenty of hot water. The standard of housekeeping was good with towels changed every day and sheets and pillowcases changed once during our stay.
Staff at check-in and check-out were efficient if not very friendly.
Our rooms were available for us even though we arrived a few hours early.
The rooftop terrace was a plus - really enjoyed relaxing there.
We got a great deal from the hotel website -182 euros each for 4 nights.

- - Minus Points - -
The hotel entrance is difficult to negotiate as there is no ramp. Getting a suitcase up and down the steps was quite a feat of endurance!
There were no operating instructions for anything in the room - tv, air conditioning,
bathroom fan etc.
Really missed tea/coffee making facilities.
The hotel lobby is without doubt one of the most unwelcoming and drab that I have ever seen.
We visited the bar once - walked in, round about it and then out. We found it very unattractive and not welcoming.
The shower over bath was quite dangerous when the water was on, as the surface wasn't non-slip and there wasn't a handrail.

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel so cannot comment on this.

But even though this is quite a negative list I think that I would stay here again for all the good reasons I pointed out above. After all we were in Barcelona to enjoy the city, not sit in a hotel room or hotel bar (at least not all the time!)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank grannny
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We are just completing a six night stay here. The room was very quiet, thick window glass that shut out street noise, black out curtains on the window which help when you are sleeping off the jet lag. Buffett breakfast was convenient and not overly priced. Location allows access to all city sights. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank ddool
surrey
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Fantastic design of hotel and room. Reception staff very helpful - allowed me to use their computer when I messed up my airline booking on the (free) hotel computer. Breakfast very good - plenty seats, unlike some hotels. Room excellent - very good design. Roof pool good - free towels. One thing could be improved - ramp as well as steps at entrance to allow suitcases to roll instead of be carried!

1 Thank margaret279