“Great Location”
Review of Hotel Jazz

Hotel Jazz
Ranked #44 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just come back from staying 3 nights at Hotel Jazz. It is in a great central location and the airport bus takes you almost to the door, so very convenient. The rooms are clean and modern with a huge comfortable bed. If I go back to Barcelona, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Yes, the location is perfect..
How about what the hotel jazz provides to the customers?
I can not find the following stuffs in my room some normal hotels usually provide:
1. some cheap clock radio
2. channel guides for TV
3. coffee pot with coffee and tea bags
4. a box of facial tissues (kleenex kind)

When I asked coffee pot, they said "we will provide cups with hot water. you can call the restaurant."
When I asked facial tissues (there are only rolls of toilet tissues), they brought me 4 individually vinyl packed (travel pack) tissues.
When I asked a bucket of ices, I had to go to restaurant in the 1st floor. They charged me 2.50 Euros.
I don't know how much they will charge a cup of hot water. I will let you know later..
I paid about $180/ night , weekdays including breakfast, 2nd week of November (seems to me that it becomes a low season now in Barcelona) .
Of course, the TV in my room has 60 some channels: only one English language channel can be found, a cartoon channel. No BBC or CNN..

After the first night, it is NOT PERFECT at all !! I should say, POOR.
(Staffs are very polite and try to help customers, though. They let me check in early when I arrived on 11: 30 AM.)
Two nights to go.. I already regret with my decision for this hotel.

Room Tip: There are two sides. I am in a room facing back side of building. I can not open the curtain since I...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank icrl
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Nice big rooms, amazingly quiet (ours faced an inner courtyard) given the central location. Sleek European style with a super-comfortable bed and roomy bathroom. Staff friendly enough, not effusive but always willing to help. Security is discrete but always present, a good thing in Barcelona. Close to all transport. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Jazz without hesitation.

2  Thank BarbaraNY51
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Fantastic hotel, very nice rooms, comfortable beds, clean roomy bathrooms, helpful counter clerks, great location and great breakfast for a reasonable rate. You can’t go wrong with those hotel. Watch the taxi drivers as soon as they figure out your American they double their fares

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank David W
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in Hotel Jazz. A safe choice, central, clean, staff were helpful. Didn't have breakfast but there's a huge choice of places to eat on the door step. The airport bus takes you almost to the front door. Its so close to lots of small winding streets packed with places to buy, eat drink and jsut sit. Also close to the wide shopping avenues. Oh and the bed was huge!

Room Tip: I would ask if there are rooms not facing the street. With the windows closed you don't really h...
2  Thank Gillianpw
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Absolutely lovely hotel, really clean, comfy, quiet hotel room with free wifi. Good breakfast, though cheaper is available within 1 minute walk from hotel. Pool on roof, though as we went in November we only used this once and the bar beside the pool was closed, still lovely spot with views all over Barcelona. The hotel itself is about 2 mins walk from the top of la Ramblas - super location.